March 2011 Moms
Options

Your skincare routine

I've always battled acne.  Last year I finally went on Accutane, and it did wonders for me.  This summer, I've started having a couple of small break outs.

Another user posted some products we're not suppose to be using.  One of them was retinol.  I've been using Philosophy's On A Clear Day Retinol  Cream.  I take it I need to return it?

Also it says salicylic acid but in small doses.  Another product I've been using is Neutrogena's Acne cream wash and redness reducer/soothing whatever...LOL  Too long of a name.  Does this need to go, too?

Any advice would be great. 

I think tomorrow night I'm just going to go to LUSH, since all of their treatments are natural.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Your skincare routine

• Options
    I had acne since middle school and tried every type of over the counter wash and prescription cream but nothing worked. I use proactive now and it works really good as long as i use it twice a day every day. I still have some scars and i break out once in a while due to stress or oils on my face (sunblock or make up).
    Married 11/08/08 TTC since 2009 MC 3/22/10 at 9w4d MC 7/20/10 at 6w5d Homeowners since 2/24/11 BFP Father's Day 6/19/11 Pregnancy Ticker Psalm 139:13,15-16 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb... You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
  • Options

I actually looked this up on babycenter.com and it said that using retinol, BHA's, salicylic acid and all that hasn't been proven to harm the baby through your skin, it's just a precaution. The article went on to say that pretty much anything over the counter is mild enought that it will be fine, they said the real danger is in oral acne medication and treatments like peels. I've been using a salicylic acid moisturizer and face and body wash with it too.

I'm curious about the Proactive, is that safe during pregnancy? My best friend uses it and loves it so I've been thinking about switching to that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm also using proactive, and I'll keep using it. It's active ingredient is benzoyl peroxide, which hasn't shown to be harmful. If my OB tells me to stop when I go in on July 29, then I will. But from what I've read, it's safe to use.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"