Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Did I Tell Y'All About the Yahoo I Met While Yardsaling?

I went to a yardsale, and most of it was general junk (randome rusted tools, some green & orange floral sheets, ect).  Close to the cash box table, was some older wooden boxes, some canning jars, an antique beer delivery case, some milk jugs, and other things like that.

On top on a particularly beat up old box, was a wooden bowl filled with those fake yarn balls (you know, the primitive rags wrapped and pinned around a foam ball).  The bowl was plain, pretty simple, and I thought it would be neat to photograph yarn in.  I picked it up, looked it over, and saw no price tag.  I asked, and the seller tells me TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS!  I politely decline and turn to look at the canning jars.

I pick up a Kerr jar and check it for chips and cracks.  The guy sauters over, and proceeds to tell me, "that jar you have there is a rare antique!  Kerr hasn't made jars in 50 years.  That's a steal at $20!"  I look at the jar in my hand (a MODERN jar), and proceed to explain, "Actually, Kerr isn't destributed in this region.  It's made by the same company as Ball.  This jar uses a a modern ring and a modern lid.  It probably isn't even 5 years old.  I'll give you 25c for the jar."

Needless to say, I left empty handed. 

*snort*

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Did I Tell Y'All About the Yahoo I Met While Yardsaling?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"