1st Trimester
Options

Progesterone Levels????

I received my blood test results today (19 dpo) and my HCG is 569 with my progesterone at 15.2. I feel pretty comfortable with my HCG, but my progesterone seems so low. The nurse is going to call me back tomorrow after she talks to the doctor to see if they want to do a follow up blood draw on Friday. I'm wondering if anyone else had a low progesterone level.

TIA

Re: Progesterone Levels????

• Options
    I had low progesterone leeks with my first pregnancy and now this one. I was put on prometrium the first pregnancy and it helped my levels. I started prometrium today for this pregnancy and hope it works the same. u are definitely. not alone good luck!
  • Options
    How low were your levels? The nurse didn't say anything about prometrium.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly I would want a second draw to see if the numbers are increasing.  I would ask to have them draw again.  I had my first draw at 5wks and prog. was only 10.  It was drawn again 2days later and went to 12.  I then went on prometiruim until 12wks.
  • Options
    With DS2 my Progesterone was 27, my levels for this one is below.  So far I haven't found ANYONE at all that have my levels beat.  I would say anything above my lowest is good.
    DH - 42 Me - 36 DS1 -15 DS2 - 3 DD - 1
  • Options

imageMissbollinger:
    With DS2 my Progesterone was 27, my levels for this one is below.  So far I haven't found ANYONE at all that have my levels beat.  I would say anything above my lowest is good.

Did they put you on prometrium?

• Options

Hi,

My progesterone level at first draw, 4w5d was 12, my Dr. has me on prometrium 2x a day through 12 weeks. H&H 9 months!

• Options
    400mg and the last 2 draws were from AFTER they put me on.  I've given up on it now, we've seen the heartbeat 2 times and I can pick it upon my home doppler.  Apparently this baby is going to hang in there regardless of my crappy numbers.
    DH - 42 Me - 36 DS1 -15 DS2 - 3 DD - 1
  • Options
    After reading your post it got me thinking about my own levels. Here is a good website that has info on both HCG levels and Progesterone levels. HTH!
  • Options

imageFoxy Jones:
    After reading your post it got me thinking about my own levels. Here is a good website that has info on both HCG levels and Progesterone levels. HTH!

Thanks for this site...it is very informative!

• Options
    I started this pregnancy with a progesterone level of a 6.  I have been taking prometrium since the pregnancy was confirmed.  I also took prometrium while pregnant with my DD.  My Dr. said I needed to get my level up to a 10.  It fluctuates and is now down to a 10.10 and the Dr. said that is fine.  I need to stay on promoetrium until first trimester ends.
  • Options
    I had a trans vag us at 8 wks and the Dr couldn't find my overies or the corpus luthnum (sp?).  He wanted to check my progestorne levels, they called me back and said my results were within the normal range, but barely. I have a history of one miscarriage and long irregular periods, so as a precaution they put me on progestrone (2 vag supp a day) not fun...but I'll do whatever I need to. I really hope everything turns out okay for everyone. I'm really gald you posted this, I have had hard time trying to find other people with the same problem.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"