Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

speaking of avoiding pg coworkers

yikes, so i'm sitting at my desk and a coworker comes to sit with me to chat about something. she's my mom's age and all of her kids are my age- and having tons of babies. then pg coworker #2 comes over to join in and all of a sudden the entire conversation is about babies/pg. her 20 week appt is friday..she gets to see the ultrasound and all the little hands/toes/whatevers- it makes it so much more real...she's feeling good but getting big and uncomfortable sitting down, blah blah blah....UGH. I literally had to excuse myself and climb in between them to get out of my office. Then had to stay away (from my own desk!) until they had cleared out.

I guess people just love to talk about pregnancy and babies but wow, this is such a sensitivity check to me -- someday, when it is my turn, I vow NOT to only ever talk about pregnancy and babies- I mean, seriously, apparently it is completely consuming.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: speaking of avoiding pg coworkers

• Options

I managed to make it through four pregnancies (two healthy children) without discussing my pregnancy and/or babies every second of every day.  I especially didn't spend all those months rubbing my belly (like the co-worker who sits next to me does).  Unfortunately, there are many, many, many women for whom this becomes all consuming.  I honestly think that they thrive on all the attention.  For me, my children are important and the loves of my life, but I am my own person and my entire world does not revolve around them.

I feel your pain and trust me, having been through what you've been through, you will be far more sensitive than most.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"