Working Moms
Options

?'s to ask when interviewing D/C

My DH and I are going to interview our first potential home D/C provider this evening and I need some advice on what questions to ask. This is our first child and we are due in Dec. I had no idea I even had to start researching this so early until a family member suggested it and it turns out I really do need to get this secured early.

This is a home D/C we are looking at and it just a few houses down the street from us. I work from home 2 days a week and I am out in the field 3 days a week. 

Any suggestions for ?'s is much appreciates as I am clueless as this point!

Re: ?'s to ask when interviewing D/C

• Options

we have an interview tonight too...here's some questions I put together from people here and myself...

What is the caregiver:child ratio?

Hours/charges for late pick-up?

What kind of food do you provide? What do you provide ? snacks/breakfast/lunch?

Will I need to send milk & sippy cups/bottles

Why do you have an in home daycare?

What do I need to pack for him each day? (diapers, etc.) can I leave diapers/wipes/clothes or do I have to bring them everyday

How much time do you spend outside during the day?

How do you manage (# of kids in daycare) children?

Rate

What are your sick/vacation policies (for provider & children)? 

Are there pets?

Are other adults in the home while the children are there? If so, have they been screened and approved to be in the home?

CPR/First Aid certified?

How do they deal with situations concerning other children at DC such as biting? How do you discipline?

What kind of learning activities do they do?

When/where do they nap?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"