March 2011 Moms
Options

Just went to the dermatologist..

My skin has broken out a little since I went off birth control and now with being pregnant its gotten a lot worse! The dematologist was really helpful and said pregnant women should NOT be on:

- differin

- benzoic acid,

- salayic accid

- retinol

I was on differin and had no idea I would need to stop! Good thing I went. Its usually ok if you stop before 8 weeks and I hadn't been using it consistently. Just thought I'd share the knowledge!

Re: Just went to the dermatologist..

• Options
    Thanks for the info! My skin thinks it's 15 again since I got KU.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had just graduated myself from acne face wash to "grownup" face wash in the last month or two.... needless to say I'm buying another bottle of acne wash next time I'm out.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ughh I know. I have a face mask on as we speak for acne.
    BFP 8/28/10 Due 5/7/11 BFP 6/23/10 mc 7/1/10 @5w1d
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemrsbmw09:
    Thanks for the info! My skin thinks it's 15 again since I got KU.

It's funny I said the same thing before I knew I was KU! 

• Options

Ok I need some help.

My skin has been giving me problems with this summer weather, and I've been using a few new products.  One is Philosophy on a clear day retinol clarifying lotion.

The other is Neutrogena's acne wash w/ redness reducing, and it contains salicylic acid. 

So I should NOT be using these products?

Please help!!  lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    btw proactive is ok to use while pregnant (as long as its just the basic set not some of the add on's)
    Married 11/08/08 TTC since 2009 MC 3/22/10 at 9w4d MC 7/20/10 at 6w5d Homeowners since 2/24/11 BFP Father's Day 6/19/11 Pregnancy Ticker Psalm 139:13,15-16 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb... You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
  • Options

I had to go to the dermatologist this week too. It seems I've come down with a 'pregnancy related allergic rash'. I had never heard of this symptom in the 1st tri! I just wish I only had to deal with acne! :)

They gave me a cream but it's not near as strong as what you'd get when not pregnant, so of course it's still going strong. the dr. told me to use nothing but the gentlest oatmeal cleansers. it's going to be a long road, but anything for the little one, right!

• Options
    imagetistampsup:

Ok I need some help.

My skin has been giving me problems with this summer weather, and I've been using a few new products.  One is Philosophy on a clear day retinol clarifying lotion.

The other is Neutrogena's acne wash w/ redness reducing, and it contains salicylic acid. 

So I should NOT be using these products?

Please help!!  lol

Sorry, I'm lurking... in the 2ww now. I just wanted to comment because I had terrible acne and used differen gel every day which I am coming off now while TTGP. I went to the dermatologist Monday and she said ONE salicylic acid product per day is fine (I was using 3). She also perscribed Finacea which is azelaic acid and safe to use during pregnancy. So far so good!

I also recommend DERMAdoctor Ain't misbehavin' sulfur mask. That has worked wonders for me. I use it about once a week. Also, my derm. said it's safe to use throughout pregnancy!  

Good Luck and Congrats!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"