North Carolina Babies
Options

Sand Box?

Does anyone have one? Jocelyn LOVED the sand at the beach, now she is taking out her shovel and rake and trying to shovel the driveway. I just can't get past the mess of a sandbox though.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sand Box?

• Options
    we're not getting one.  we have black widows at our house and worried of spiders in a sand box.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our dad built us one growing up...we probably won't for our LO because we have several barn cats roaming around and cats + sand + baby, I can't see being a good combo...anyways...the one dad built us was just a wood border around it and then I guess just dumped a bunch of sand in it. We always loved it! Just an idea if you have a handy person in your family!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we have a plastic little tikes turtle sandbox and DS loves to play in it!! i see them for sale on cragislist all the time.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sand is the DEVIL. haha! We had a water/sand table for Chloe. After one mess we just decided on filling the whole thing with water. And then we tried again with a lady bug sandbox. The sand NEVER stayed IN the box--she dumped it and shoveled it on the deck every time she played in it, not to mention it getting EVERYWHERE in the house due to it being in her diaper, clothes, hair, you name it. And we are clean freaks and practically hosed her off before coming in the house and it STILL was everywhere. Keira will never have a sandbox. She can play at the beach and we'll leave it at that! haha
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

imageakspriss:
    we have a plastic little tikes turtle sandbox and DS loves to play in it!! i see them for sale on cragislist all the time.

We use this as a pool for her.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageLalabee0425:
    Sand is the DEVIL. haha! We had a water/sand table for Chloe. After one mess we just decided on filling the whole thing with water. And then we tried again with a lady bug sandbox. The sand NEVER stayed IN the box--she dumped it and shoveled it on the deck every time she played in it, not to mention it getting EVERYWHERE in the house due to it being in her diaper, clothes, hair, you name it. And we are clean freaks and practically hosed her off before coming in the house and it STILL was everywhere. Keira will never have a sandbox. She can play at the beach and we'll leave it at that! haha

Ok. This just was the picture in my head, so no sand box for us! We have a water table she loves, so I'll stick to that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My next door neighbor had a novel 'sandbox' idea.  They bought 2, 5 gallon buckets with lids at Home Depot ("Homer" orange bucket, about $5 total).  They filled each 1/2 way full of sand and let their daughter have at it (she loved moving the sand back & forth, she was about 18 months at the time and I know she played with the buckets until she was over 3).  The lids are water tight and keep out bugs, cats, etc and it's cheap!  I know they did a bit of sweeping after each play session but it was part of the fun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageJules_NC:
    My next door neighbor had a novel 'sandbox' idea.  They bought 2, 5 gallon buckets with lids at Home Depot ("Homer" orange bucket, about $5 total).  They filled each 1/2 way full of sand and let their daughter have at it (she loved moving the sand back & forth, she was about 18 months at the time and I know she played with the buckets until she was over 3).  The lids are water tight and keep out bugs, cats, etc and it's cheap!  I know they did a bit of sweeping after each play session but it was part of the fun.

I love this idea!

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"