Single Parents
Options

Advice/Tips Please

Hello, 

About two weeks ago my boyfriend and I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant. This morning he decided to break up with me via txt message because according to him we don't talk enough to be in a relationship. He's in the Marine Corps stationed in California and I'm in Arizona. The pregnancy has made me insanely tired and I explained to him that I've been sleeping a lot. Of course he was just looking for a reason to run and said that we were done. 

He's gotten pretty nasty with me via txt message so I'm thinking about keeping those txts to later show in court if need be.

What else should I do? Or be on the look out for? Should I give him updates on the baby or should I wait til he asks? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. 

Re: Advice/Tips Please

• Options
    mrgnmrgn member

Well, you can do whatever you want. He is not entitled to any contact with you. The only thing he is entitled to is visits with that baby.

I gave my X updates after every appointment, told him when the next was, and asked if he had any questions through email. For your sanity, you may want to wait until he asks or ignore him all together. I was very upset when X would not respond to the emails and it made me feel that much more alone through out the pregnancy. 

Many of the ladies here have gone through or are going through a pregnancy alone and may have different thoughts!

• Options
    I say keep the texts for later. you never know if you may need them. As for going through the pregnancy alone, I did too. I didn't offer up any information that wasnt asked of me. He's a big boy, he can ask if he wants. And if he doesn't, it's his loss. Stay strong and try to stay positive!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options

Thanks again.

Have any of you guys had to go to court over this stuff?

He wants nothing to do with me and that's perfectly fine by me, he stresses me out. He apparently wants to be a father to our child. How he'll do that, I have no idea. He can figure that out! But I've learned that he has no concept of family or money. 

• Options

I haven't been to court yet, but I have a feeling after DD is born we'll be going to court. My ex wants to be a father, too.

To answer your question earlier, I keep my ex up to date with anything that has to do with our daughter. I tell him that if he wants to know anything else about her, to just ask me. It would be easier to just wait for him to ask, but I keep him updated just so that if we go to court, I can say that I did. I keep proof of everything because I know that he'll try to say that I never told him anything to try to make himself look better.

• Options

I don't have any advice or tips for you, but I am 23 weeks and going it alone also.  While the thought of not having ex around for support makes me nervous sometimes, my life is much more peaceful and quiet without him in it.  I am very close to my family and I know that my mom will be by my side every step of the way.  Hopefully you have close friends and/or family that can help you out too.  This board is a great place to turn for support...the ladies on here are amazing and have a lot of good advice to offer as they've been through a lot themselves.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Definitely keep those texts.  You may want to seek legal advice.  I would e-mail him or text him about the appointments, just to keep him in the loop for legal reasons.  That way you know you're doing your part.  It doesn't sound like he could come anyways given his location. 

You may also want to seek legal counsel.  Sometimes lawyers will meet with you for an initial consultation for a discounted fee.  As soon as you can, get something in place about CS.  You need to make him financially responsible.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"