Working Moms
Options

First week at DC = sleepy baby?

Hi all, I'm new to this board and yesterday was DS's first day at daycare.  He actually did really well but both yesterday and today he has fallen asleep pretty much immediately after we get home and sleeps pretty soundly through the evening and into the night.  Here's my question - is this just him being tired from all of the stimulation at day care or do you think it's a growth spurt? (he'll be 8 weeks on Monday)  Also, will he adjust to everything or am I going to have to spend our only time together during the day with him asleep on my lap?  Thanks!

Re: First week at DC = sleepy baby?

• Options
    yes - all the excitement of daycare is making him very tired!  It'll probably be like this for a few weeks until he gets used to it.  Go home a litlte early/take him a little late if you can and just enjoy your weekends.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    BennyLBennyL member
    DS did the same thing when he just started daycare. I guess it's a brand new experience...lots of excitement, other babies crying etc that it wears them out. He got used to it after a few weeks---so don't worry. :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The first day my DD was in daycare we came home and she nursed for an hour.  They just need comfort, reassurance and rest.  Daycare is different and a bit stressful for infants.  But it will get better.  DD blossomed in daycare and is doing amazingly well (she was a premie) at almost nine months now.
  • Options

I would absolutely say he's just tired while he adjusts to daycare. DS would fall asleep as soon as I got him in the carseat for the first couple of weeks. I don't think he really napped there at first. Our home is very quiet, and daycare is the opposite. Now, he naps so well in the commotion of daycare, but not so well at home on the weekends. After the first 2 weeks, he was able to stay up till about 8:30, though he still had early nights. Around 3.5 months old, he started having a very regular bedtime of 7:00, and we're still doing that.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"