D.C. Area Babies

Is there such thing as a holistic Ped. GI??? Help!

Does anyone know if such a person exists in this area? We have a pretty good pediatrician, but DD is very very sick (major failure to thrive--11 lbs at 22 months) and conventional GI isn't working. We've tried a few different people... all from major practices. . . I'm hoping to find someone new. Honestly any GI recs would be good at this point. We need someone who understands complex cases and will be willing to help us get to the bottom of things. 

Thanks in advance! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is there such thing as a holistic Ped. GI??? Help!

• I don't know of any GIs, but if I were needing one, I might start with someone at Children's.  You may have already gone that route.  You may also want to check the preemie board.  There are a few DC area moms there and many preemie moms are familiar with failure to thrive and GI/feeding issues.
  • there are a couple of other bumpies dealing w/ same issues, I'll contact one of them, she doesn't check this board much anymore.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi, I'm one of the ones Sofka was referring to...

We don't have a holistic GI, but I'd be happy to talk about what you've tried and see if I can recommend anything based on our 3 years of dealing with weight issues. Only thing my son has been diagnosed with is GERD. Our GI is in Loudoun County and supposed to be one of the best, but not holistic, don't know if you've seen him already.

Please e-mail me at: jen_home1 at hotmail dot com. I'll remove my address from here after you've sent me a quick message.

• We saw Dr. Enav at Pediatric Specialty Center (part of INOVA Fairfax). He is not 'wholistic' per se, but we were also only dealing with reflux and food sensitivities - no failure to thrive issues. Our ped wanted to send us to Dr. Sirlin, who I've heard really good things about, but he wasn't taking new patients at the time.
  • Thanks for the replies! . . . Jen . . . you've got mail.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"