TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Can I post an unpopular opinion?

Alright.... here it goes.

I. Don't. Like. Cats.

At all.

In my whole life, I've met 1 cat that I liked. 

Sorry cat people - cats just weird me the fvck out.

Re: Can I post an unpopular opinion?

• Options

Me neither.

But I am deathly allergic, so I think that colors my opinion. (Like, stop breathing if there is one in the room allergic)

• Options

How can you not like something that can be called a pvssy?

I get it though. They can be hateful, spiteful little effwads.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageDoocheCanooe:

Alright.... here it goes.

I. Don't. Like. Cats.

At all.

In my whole life, I've met 1 cat that I liked. 

Sorry cat people - cats just weird me the fvck out.

Ohmygod, me too! I despise cats. Ugh. Hate them. I am *this* close to voicing my opinion on FB, but it'll totally piss off all my catlady associates.

• Options

I actually think this is a pretty popular opinion. "I don't like dogs" (I'm looking at you, Grr) would be far more likely to be unpopular.

I like cats. We had cats when I was growing up, and they were pretty cool. I prefer dogs, but I don't have a problem with cats. They're either sweet and friendly, or they're unobtrusive. 

• Options
    I'm not a cat fan either and I'm allergic to some of them.
    TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageTyraTalks:

Me neither.

But I am deathly allergic, so I think that colors my opinion. (Like, stop breathing if there is one in the room allergic)

This!  My Maw Maw has like, 15 cats, and if I am wearing shorts and sit in a chair they've been in, I break out.  I can hardly go over there anymore.  It's awful!

• Options
    I wouldn't mind another pvssy in the house... but, my dogs would eat them.... 
  • Options

imageroxyttandme:

Wait. That sounded a lot worse than I intended it to... Oh-well...

• Options

imagedondraandluis:

I'm only allergic to some of them too. It's so weird. I'm only allergic to the striped ones and calicos, black/white/tuxedo cats I'm not allergic to. 

• Options
    imageColindaP:

imagedondraandluis:

I'm only allergic to some of them too. It's so weird. I'm only allergic to the striped ones and calicos, black/white/tuxedo cats I'm not allergic to. 

I always wonder if I'd be allergic to Mike the Tiger at LSU.  It would make me so sad if I were...

• Options

imageroxyttandme:

My mind lives in the gutter. I am cracking up.

• Options
    imageColindaP:

imagedondraandluis:

I know, it is odd! I wonder what it is that we are allergic to from them? I'm allergic to mostly long haired ones and few others with short hair.

TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ok according to google, what causes allergies to cats are proteins that are in the cat's urine, dander, and saliva.

• Options

you obviously haven't met my 2 kitties!!!  they are awesome and love them to death. 

they great us at the door when we come home, my one cat used to fetch too!  they provide me w/ so much comfort, i don't know what i'd do w/o them. 

they're in my bio if you want to see.  :o)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • Options

I think in this world there are cat people and there are dog people.  Honestly, I love our cat, but I understand why people wouldn't like them.  And I adore dogs, FTR, but I would never own one, because when it comes right down to it, the things people love the most about dogs annoy me.

In other words, I LOVE visiting other people's dogs and I love reading and hearing about them, but I'm no dog person.  That said, we always offer to lock up our cat when folks come 'round, because man, I totally understand not digging them.

They're evil and finicky. 

• Options
    imageColindaP:

I actually think this is a pretty popular opinion. "I don't like dogs" (I'm looking at you, Grr) would be far more likely to be unpopular.

I like cats. We had cats when I was growing up, and they were pretty cool. I prefer dogs, but I don't have a problem with cats. They're either sweet and friendly, or they're unobtrusive. 

:hangs head:

I know.  I know.  I KNOW.  Mine's a totally unpopular opinion.  And here's what makes me really crazy:  I LOVE reading about dogs and puppies.  I adore Scout pictures (we check 'em out on a regular basis in this house).  Carter constantly asks when he's going to be allowed to go visit "that cute puppy who lives far away."

I love reading about dog antics.

I just, when it comes down to it, am not a fan of real, live, day-to-day dog livin'.  And to be more fair - I know enough about the requirements of dogs, and I guess I like dogs enough to know I'd be a really poor dog owner. . .

So when I say I don't like dogs, I mean like the idea of owning and taking care of one.  I pet them in the park.  I enjoy them at my friends' homes. . . 

• Options
    I'm not a fan of cats, but don't begrudge other's there love for them. My parents have 3 himalayans that are gorgeous, but a huge pita. But I say to each their own. I heart pups myself.
  • Options

::Lurking::

I agree. I've always had dogs, I love dogs. And cats annoyed the eff out of me. Prior to Jan, I only met one kitty I liked...probably because she acted like a dog. She didn't know how to hiss, bite, or scratch, or act otherwise like a kitty-b!tch.

But, DH and I have been wanting a pet for awhile, and since we're gone so much, we didn't think it would be fair to a dog if we got one (maybe once I pop out a few kids and do the SAHM bit). Plus, DH is a total cat person. So, we decided to get a cat, but under the agreement that *I* picked the cat.

My requirements were thus: wouldn't scratch people, wouldn't bite, wouldn't hiss, and had an abnormally high tolerance for being petted/carried, and was otherwise a completed attention whore (pretty much, acted like a dog). Also, figuring that we would hopefully have a LO soon that would soon be pulling on its tail and otherwise p!ssing it off, I wanted to make sure it had a high tolerance for being annoyed and wouldn't attack.

So I went to our local humane society and picked up, tried to annoy, and p!ss off every cat in that place. Only one cat allowed me to do whatever I wanted to her, and still purred the whole time. That is the kitty in my siggy, and we love her to death. So, I'm only a cat-person for one cat.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    imagejohannaknip:

How can you not like something that can be called a pvssy?

I get it though. They can be hateful, spiteful little effwads.

Bwahahahhahahaa....
  • Options

I am a CAT lover! If I could go on a Safari I would love to see wild cats up closer and personal!!  Would LOVE!!!!!! 

I had a cat since I was 5yrs old and it lived for 21 yrs, but that was my ONLY cat! Then when I got my own place I got a cat, he was spunky and so much fun! He would jump on his little Tiger stuffed animal and wrestle with it on the floor! NO he was NOT humping it either, CARRIE!!!  LOL Then he had a sudden death... Poor Flea ;( Yes he was named after the bass player in RHCP!!!

Now I have an AWESOME cat, Gsxr, she plays FETCH!! For real!! There is a video on U-Tube! She has attitude and spunk too!! She is my little baby! I dont know what I would have done without her during my M/C, she was there by my side the whole time!!!

I had a dog BTW, when i was little at my Grandma's and then when I got older. Not a fan really... i hated walking them, they stunk up the house, and they were soooo messy! I HATE the smell of wet dog, and can ot stand it when a dog like my face! I am a cat person!!

• Options
    imagebabes12:

you obviously haven't met my 2 kitties!!!  they are awesome and love them to death. 

they great us at the door when we come home, my one cat used to fetch too!  they provide me w/ so much comfort, i don't know what i'd do w/o them. 

Would you like to more??   LOL    I am looking for a place to send mine.......I feel like they're intent on destroying my house!  
  • Options
    imagebabes12:

obviously i can't spell today, meant "greet".  LOL

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • Options
    imageERICA21779:
    imagebabes12:

Would you like to more??   LOL    I am looking for a place to send mine.......I feel like they're intent on destroying my house!  

i would love more kitties however, i despise cleaning the litter box so for now i think 2 is my max.  and DH would make me do X-rated things if i ever got more kitties.  hahahaha!! that's the deal for him. 

i'm sorry they're destroying your house.  :o(  

• Options
    imagewickedsugar:

Babes , I love your kitties !!!

The rest of ya... well your just *** haters Stick out tongue

awe thanks!!  they are my babies! 

• Options
    imagegrr_aargh:
    imageColindaP:

:hangs head:

I know.  I know.  I KNOW.  Mine's a totally unpopular opinion.  And here's what makes me really crazy:  I LOVE reading about dogs and puppies.  I adore Scout pictures (we check 'em out on a regular basis in this house).  Carter constantly asks when he's going to be allowed to go visit "that cute puppy who lives far away."

I love reading about dog antics.

I just, when it comes down to it, am not a fan of real, live, day-to-day dog livin'.  And to be more fair - I know enough about the requirements of dogs, and I guess I like dogs enough to know I'd be a really poor dog owner. . .

So when I say I don't like dogs, I mean like the idea of owning and taking care of one.  I pet them in the park.  I enjoy them at my friends' homes. . . 

Your son might be the most darling thing that ever was.

• Options

I get it. A lot of people I know are not cats fans at all. Lot of our friends hate them, but they still love ours. DH - NOT a cat person. He said we would never have one. Now we have 4. Granted, our cats are so not cat-like. They like think they are people. They sleep on our pillows under covers, they like to be cuddled and carried and they listen to commands. They also know when I'm sad, and they don't leave my side.

My little boy, Kenny, is super protective. I was really sick the night before our wedding, and stayed at home while the wedding party went out. I passed out on my tummy on our bed, and he slept on my back. When DH and our friends got back, he stood on top of me facing the door and growled and hissed as they came in being noisy. You gotta love a cat like that :)

• Options

imageTyraTalks:
    Your son might be the most darling thing that ever was

He watches the board over my shoulder.  When he sees dog pics that ARE NOT Scout, he says "Yeah, but where's dat dog dat I like?" and when he DOES see Scout, he squeals.  "DERE'S MY DOG!!!"

It's *just about* cute enough to make ME want a Doodle.  But I *do* like dogs enough to know none should come live with *me*.  

• Options
    imagegrr_aargh:

imageTyraTalks:
    Your son might be the most darling thing that ever was

He watches the board over my shoulder.  When he sees dog pics that ARE NOT Scout, he says "Yeah, but where's dat dog dat I like?" and when he DOES see Scout, he squeals.  "DERE'S MY DOG!!!"

It's *just about* cute enough to make ME want a Doodle.  But I *do* like dogs enough to know none should come live with *me*.  

Maybe you all should just come play with ours for a bit :)

• Options

imageTyraTalks:
    Maybe you all should just come play with ours for a bit :)

I told him we could someday.  Now he keeps asking when we're going to "High-Town".  He's not that great a listener.

;)

But yes.  One day.  I promise, I'll even change out of my cat-hair-covered clothes. 

• Options
    imageBeachCole:

I get it. A lot of people I know are not cats fans at all. Lot of our friends hate them, but they still love ours. DH - NOT a cat person. He said we would never have one. Now we have 4. Granted, our cats are so not cat-like. They like think they are people. They sleep on our pillows under covers, they like to be cuddled and carried and they listen to commands. They also know when I'm sad, and they don't leave my side.

My little boy, Kenny, is super protective. I was really sick the night before our wedding, and stayed at home while the wedding party went out. I passed out on my tummy on our bed, and he slept on my back. When DH and our friends got back, he stood on top of me facing the door and growled and hissed as they came in being noisy. You gotta love a cat like that :)

that's so cute about kenney! 

my cat bella sleeps w/ me every night and on my back too.  however now that its summer she doesn't sleep w/ me as much but she'll be back as soon as it gets cooler. 

and my DH was the same way, he hated cats!!  i somehow talked him into getting Bella and now he loves her to death and both of my kitties love him. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"