Postpartum Depression
Options

Starting at 4 months?

Can postpartum depression start at 4 months?  I had some baby blues when LO was born, but things have been good until recently.  I am super emotional, but for no reason that I can pinpoint.  I cry for no reason.  I don't want to spend time with LO.  I take care of her and play with her, but feel less attachment to her lately.  I feel like I can't do anything because of LO, but really I have no idea what I would be doing different if she were with DH or grandma.

Re: Starting at 4 months?

• Options
    I'm so sorry you are feeling less attached to your LO.  PPD can start anytime between birth - 1 year or 1 year after stopping breastfeeding.  My PPD started about 1 1/2 months after she was born,but it took me until she was 3 months old to get help.  I recommend, especially if it's been for more than a few days, to talk to your dr about how you are feeling and see what s/he says.  You can talk to your ob or your gp. I hope you feel better soon and know that you're not the only one going through these feelings!  Keep us updated :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It definitely can!  Like PP said, it can happen anytime the first year, or a year after weaning.  I weaned at 6 months, and that's when mine hit.  Please, call your OB.  You can feel better, I promise!  GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was just about to post this exact thing.  I had the blues for a few weeks pp, but I got over it and was generally in a pretty good state up until now.  DH had been away at a police academy for the past 16 weeks, only home on the weekends.  Whenever I was having a bad day, I pretty much blamed it on the fact that he wasn't home and things would be better once he was home for good.  Well, he's been home for a week and I think I feel worse than I have in a loong time.  I don't know if it is that DD's sleeping is almost nonexistent the past couple days, therefore mine is or if it's that DH is now taking on some of the responsibilities that had been all me up until now, but I feel much less attachment to DD and am having less patience for her, which is horrible.  I am crying at the drop of a hat(or toy), then start to cry more because I feel bad for being upset.  I am feeling trapped for some reason, whereas I never really felt that way before.  DH is taking DD out for the day tomorrow to give me some rest and I am hoping that will knock me out of this funk, but if not I think I will admit that I need help and call the doctor
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"