South Florida Babies

Baby K'tan

Do any of you ladies use this carrier? I received it as a shower gift and love the design.

I had to go to a service on the beach last week and thought I would wear my LO since I couldn't push the stroller out onto the sand and she is too heavy to hold in my arms the whole time. I found the material to be very hot and had to take her out of the carrier after about 15 minutes.

Since South Florida is hot all the time, I am wondering if I should get a more light weight wrap. Or are all wraps pretty much the same?

TIA! 

Re: Baby K'tan

• K'tan is better when it gets cooler.  As for summer - look in Etsy - i dont remmeber the seller but search for gauze wraps...same design as regular wraps but made with super lightweight and breathable gauze instead of fabric.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I loved loved loved my K'tan and used it almost every day for my daughter during my maternity leave.  Then again, she was born in February and I went back to work at the end of June, so it wasn't as hot most of the days I was out, although I was out at the zoo and other outdoor places a LOT during my leave.  I also used it a lot on weekends, too, even during the summer, and to places like the zoo, where it gets hot.  I guess I was used to it by then??  Or maybe I'm remembering with rose colored glasses.  I think I just used my stroller on the days when it  was too hot for the K'tan. 

Sorry, I'm not at all helpful.

Tania

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks Ladies. I will look into the Etsy site, but will give the K'Tan another try in the meantime. Maybe I will get used to it too
  • I hear Amazing Birth is having an event where you can try out a bunch of different wraps and slings. It's next Saturday the 26th I believe. This is their website: www.amazingbirths.com  give them a call. I think I am goign to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"