Working Moms
Options

Tell me it gets easier...

So I started back to work yesterday, and it literally was the hardest thing I've had to do in my life. If I could SAH I would, but its just not feasible. 

Luckily, DS babysitter is a nurse that I worked with and she actually trained me when I first started my job. So I trust her completely, and she can deal with me texting every hour or so to check on DS.

Last night after works I cuddled and snuggled with DS all night, even woke up with him in my arms in bed (and I vaguely remember getting him out of his PNP) and we've been cuddling all morning... 

But I have a major headache-- 1. Because last night was stressful not only leaving DS for the first time, but work was chaotic... and I haven't worked in 13 1/2 weeks because of bedrest so it was exhausting. 2. I am dreading having to leave DS again....

Tell me it gets better. And tell me DS misses me when I'm gone--I know its stupid and silly but I hate the entire situation...

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tell me it gets easier...

• Options
    PeskyPesky member
    It gets easier.  You get more used to it.  It's still not always easy but I remember that my kids are having wonderful experiences and I should want them to be able to enjoy themselves without me, that it is the first step towards independence they will need to survive and thrive in this world.  And he'll always know who his mama is.  Wait until he's crawling, sees you, lights up and races as fast as his chubby legs can crawl towards you.  Never gets old.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    ENevENev member

It gets easier. You get into a routine, and you focus on how wonderful your time with your baby is. And daycare is great for kids - I know my son loves it and our daycare provider has taught him so much. He loves hanging out with his little friends during the day! And I'm glad I can work. It's hectic and stressful to work and be a mom, but I think it provides good balance in life, and it's something to be proud of.

Try and focus on the positives and enjoy every last second with your baby. I cried on my first day back in January, but now I'm almost six months into being a working mom and it's turned out to be not nearly as hard as I thought it'd be.

Hang in there. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It gets better but for me it never got easier.  I always want to be with him but as I got back into the groove of work and into our new routine at home it got better.

Hang in there!  The first couple of weeks are so hard but your LO is fine and you will be too!  And Pesky is right the smile that I get from him when I come home is priceless!  Now that he's older and reaching for me when I come in the door it just melts my heart.

• Options

First, CONGRATULATIONS!!! You made it through the first day, it gets easier to leave and be at work after that. Especially once you get into a routine. He's too young now, but in a few months he'll be crawling into your lap and smiling the minute you walk through that door, and it's so sweet!

For me it got much easier after a while, though the first six months were tough just because I still wasn't getting any sleep. I've been back to work for almost a year now and have things pretty well under control at home and work, though there are still weeks where everything is out of balance and I feel like I'm not doing either job well - if that happens to you don't worry, that's totally normal and remember that you are a good mom who wants the best for her child and that's why you're working!

• Options

I've been back at work for a month, and the first week was definitely the hardest. I cried almost every day that first week when I got home and worried if she was eating enough, if she was happy, etc. I was even trying to fogire out how I could spend more time with her.

The second week felt MUCH better, and now it is really fine. I still miss her, but it gets much better after that first week so hang in there!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I still miss my son when I'm at work. And I can't wait to go get him from daycare (I leave in 1 hour!). But you will get used to leaving him. It seems like a horribe thing to get used to, but I think I'm almost to the point where I can say that it's actually going to be good for both of us.

ETA: left out a word.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"