Oregon Babies
Options

Recommend a Doula? SE Portland

I'm located in Gresham but delivering @ Adventist near Mall 205 in SE Portland. We love our OB (still have a few questions, but definitely good vibes) but while the facility at Adventist is nice, I wasn't entirely comfortable after my tour - It seems like they have a fairly high c-section rate & that interventions are the norm for the nurses there. After some research (and watching "The Business of Being Born"), DH and I have decided that a doula is the best choice. Someone on this board mentioned it on another post as well. Sooo

Recommend a doula?

Thanks in advance!

Alternative Housewife - Mama style on a budget

Mama to Sebastian, born 9/2010 BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Recommend a Doula? SE Portland

• Options
    Joan Bryant!!! She's fabulous, and she teaches the birth class for Kaiser. She did some post-partum help for me too, I highly recommend her! I don't have her # in my phone, but I will email her and get it for you!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My doula is Cheri Baker.  I actually went to middle school with her and she met DH in high school (way before we started dating), so she's kind of an old friend and is going to be our doula for free, so I have no idea what she would charge, but I can get her phone number for you.  She also lives in Gresham.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Check out dona.org. Interview a couple of doulas and find someone with whom you feel a connection. That's the most important thing.

I'm going to PM you with a negative review.

• Options
    So my doula is not taking any more clients right now, but she said to refer you to the Labor Doula Practicum at Birthingway College of Midwifery.  Good luck!!
  • Options
    Thank you guys! Smile I am also interested in hearing doula experiences but I'll make a new post for that.
    Alternative Housewife - Mama style on a budget

Mama to Sebastian, born 9/2010 BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"