Baby Names

First name to go with middle name Jane?

We're definitely going with Jane as a middle name (if it's a girl) but I'm stuck on a first name. I actually have a few in mind that DH isn't so wild about, but I'd rather not say them, that way you guys are a clean slate Smile I know once I get a name in my head, it's hard to think of new ones. Thanks so much!

Re: First name to go with middle name Jane?

• I have no idea what your naming style is, but here are some girl names I  like that I think flow okay with middle name Jane:

Sophia Jane
    Eliza Jane
    Abigail Jane
    Clara Jane
    Alaina/Elena Jane
    Olivia Jane
    Hannah Jane
    Isabel/Isabelle Jane
    Chloe Jane
    Eliana Jane
    Lucy Jane
    Charlotte Jane
    Vivienne Jane
    Molly Jane
    Gwyneth Jane

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • My name is Sarah Jane and I have a cousin named Cecilia Jane
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Dx PCOS 2003...Dx Chronic Hypertension 2006 TTC #1 2009 BFP #1 12/31/09 m/c 1/7/10 6wks BFP #2 03/25/10...DD 11/27/10 6lbs 13oz
  • Loading the player...
  • We're also going to have Jane for a MN if we have a girl and some of the ones I've come up with are:

• Ava Jane
    • Olivia Jane
    • Madilyn Jane
    • Mya Jane
    • Lilliana Jane

The only one of those my DH likes though is Olivia Jane...so we'll see. I love it too, but Madilyn Jane would have been my first choice.

ETA: My MIL is Theresa Jane, my SIL is Malory Jane, and my Sister is Caitlin Jane. I think they all flow very nicely if any of those are your style.

• I think Jane is one of those middle names that goes with almost any other name (unless it's one syllable) -- like Rose or Kate.

You may need to help us out a LITTLE ... give us one or two names that you like so we can see your naming style?!

• imagedreamtrue80:
    My name is Sarah Jane and I have a cousin named Cecilia Jane

I am Sarah Jane as well!

I have a cousin Lauren Jane.

I think that some other posters gave you a lot of good choices. Good luck deciding. :)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imagevanceandlori:

I think Jane is one of those middle names that goes with almost any other name (unless it's one syllable) -- like Rose or Kate.

You may need to help us out a LITTLE ... give us one or two names that you like so we can see your naming style?!

In her siggy, it says her first 2 kids are Leah and Russell.. so I'm guessing something simple and classic.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I am Marissa Jane, and my LO will be Elliot Jane. I like your MN choice Big Smile.

• Elizabeth Jane or Emily Jane
  • imageSarahL77:
    imagevanceandlori:

I think Jane is one of those middle names that goes with almost any other name (unless it's one syllable) -- like Rose or Kate.

In her siggy, it says her first 2 kids are Leah and Russell.. so I'm guessing something simple and classic.

Yes, I should have clarified, but you're right. The names I'm loving are Emma, Lucy (too bad that's his ex's name), Lila, Molly, Sophie.

I'm not a huge fan of popular names, nothing in the top 50-100 if I can help it, so Emma is out, but I still love it. I also love Katherine (a family name too, bonus) but DH isn't a fan.

Olivia isn't one I had thought of, but I really like that too. I appreciate all the suggestions.

• imagerobbysbride:
    imageSarahL77:
    imagevanceandlori:

Yes, I should have clarified, but you're right. The names I'm loving are Emma, Lucy (too bad that's his ex's name), Lila, Molly, Sophie.

I'm not a huge fan of popular names, nothing in the top 50-100 if I can help it, so Emma is out, but I still love it. I also love Katherine (a family name too, bonus) but DH isn't a fan.

Olivia isn't one I had thought of, but I really like that too. I appreciate all the suggestions.

I love Sophie Jane, and I think Sophie "goes well" with Leah and Russell.

I also like Olivia Jane.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• DH is being a punk says Mary! How rude!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My cousins is Olivia Jane.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Amanda Jane

Samantha Jane

Lily Jane

Karah Jane

Piper Jane

Amelia Jane

Eleanor Jane

Maya Jane

Norah Jane

Hope you find something that you like!  Congrats on your baby! :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like Lila from your list.

Arden Jane, Tatum Jane, Lacey Jane

• Our girl name was Nora(h) Jane. 
  • I love the name Hailey Jane! DH won't let me use it, so I'm aiming for Leah Jane (or maybe Jayne) if it's a girl. You already have a Leah, so not that helpful. :-)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • imageSarahL77:
    imagevanceandlori:

Thanks for pointing that out... not sure how I missed that.

I like:
    Halle Jane
    Clara Jane
    Violet Jane
    Annabelle (or just Anna) Jane

• We're naming our little girl Aubrey Jane (obviously). Smile
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersimage
  • My DD has a children's CD that has a very cute song named "Liza Jane".  I thought that would be a really nice name.  Also I have a friend that named her DD "Grace Jane".  That's nms (a bit boring) but whatever floats your boat..
  • Felicity Jane

Anna Jane

Eliza Jane

Sophie Jane

Katelyn Jane

Lily Jane

Susie (Susan) Jane

Married: 11.14.09
    BFP: 6.19.14   EDD: 2.28.15
    Pregnancy Ticker 

• I think almost anything goes with Jane, it is a great MN.  We are also using it, in honor of my mother. 
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"