Houston Babies

Re: GD poll

• Options
    My doctor advised me to eat a normal breakfast. I did, however, stick with something high protein rather than a lot of carbs. 
  • Options
    SS:  I did a different kind of test.  No sugar drink for me.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor said that what I ate would have very little effect on the outcome of the test
  • Options

imagerayskit10:
    My doctor said that what I ate would have very little effect on the outcome of the test

That seems logical. Either your pancreas is doing a good job or not. They are just testing to see if which category you fall into.

• Options
    LisaK2bLisaK2b member

My dr didn't say anything until I asked her about fasting...and she said not to eat anything after midnight, my test was first thing in the morning at 8am.  Anyhow...I stopped eating at 7pm (dinner) thinking that it would help my chances even more, and turned out that it may have been the reason that I failed by 4 pts.  I went too long without eating which can make your blood sugar spike.  So for my 3 hour test, I had a pb on toast at 10pm, and got my blood work started at 6:30 am (so only an 8-9 hour fast) and I passed with flying colors.  My blood sugar was pretty low in all 4 readings. 

Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • Options
    I was told I didn't need to fast for the 1 hour, and just to not eat a really sugary breakfast. I had a couple of eggs and some cereal. No problem.
    imageimage

• Options

My doctor said to eat protein if I need breakfast (which I do!). I had scrambled eggs with cheese. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DS1 - fasted after midnight (late evening snack)

DS2 - ate eggs with cheese, 1/2 whole wheat english muffin

discussed with dr both times, passed both 

• Options

for the one hour no fasting.

for the 3 hour, no food after midnight.

(which was the same for the one I did post pregnancy last week.... apparently pregnant people aren't the only ones they torture with these dang tests!)

~*~Jenn~*~
  • Options
    I can't even remember... wow, that's sad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"