Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

travel system stroller and jogger both necessary?

I thought I'd get one but my sister suggested I get both.  What would you recommend?

Thanks

Re: travel system stroller and jogger both necessary?

• Options
    I'd skip the travel system.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jkyliejkylie member
    No to the travel system. maybe get a snap n go frame instead. I have never heard anyone say " I LOVE MY TRAVEL SYSTEM". They are heavy and bulky.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ablouablou member
    We have an all-terrain stroller (works for jogging, but we don't use it for that), and a fancy umbrella-type stroller that we keep in the car & use all the time.  We only use our big stroller for neighborhood walks (every day!), but that's because it's really difficult to put it in the trunk of our Corolla.
  • Options

Pass on the travel system.  Just go w/ the snap n go.  There are lots of lightweight strollers where the seats fold down for a sleeping baby that can be bought later.  So much easier than dealing w/ the travel system aka the Suburban of strollers!!  lol

• Options
    I was talked into a travel system when I was pg with DD1.  I regret it so much.  I have used the stroller just a couple times because it is so flippin heavy.  Skip the travel system and get a good quality stroller like the Baby Jogger or the City Mini. 
  • Options

We have both and I'm glad I do, the travel system isn't a true travel system though.  We have the Snugride 32 and a MetroLite stroller so the stroller is much small than most travel system strollers - it weighs only 18lbs and fits great in our smaller car (2010 Elantra) with DH's army gear and groceries. 

The jogger stays home and I use it for neighborhood walks and jogs, it's big and heavy and wouldn't want to lug it everywhere. 

Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • Options
    Look into a jogging stroller that is compatible with your carseat.  The BOB is compatible with lots AND is just as big as a travel system so you could technically use it as your travel system.  Or just get a snap n go like others have recommended. I would've gone this way but I had my heart set on the Chicco carseat which unfortunately isn't compatible with anything!  Graco and the Peg Perrego are both compatible with pretty much everything and are great safety rated carseats.
  • Options

I have neither.

I have a Moby and a snap n go stroller.  I don't know if I'll get a full size when he outgrows his infant seat (with the snap n go)

• Options
    aegrimmaegrimm member

imagejkylie:
    No to the travel system. maybe get a snap n go frame instead. I have never heard anyone say " I LOVE MY TRAVEL SYSTEM". They are heavy and bulky.

Agreed. I had one for DS and hated it. We have a Snap-and-Go frame for our car seat. I'll get a lightweight stroller (one up from the umbrella) when we switch her to her convertible car seat.

• Options
    I don't have either. I LOVE my Maclaren techno xlr. It has an adapter bar for the infant seat and it is SO easy to maneuver.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"