Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

not napping phase?!?!??

So DS has always been a great sleeper.  10-12 hrs at night and about a 3 hr. nap in the afternoon.  The past week he's just been talking before nap and most of the time won't fall asleep....unless we put him in the car. Since he passes out in the car I tend to feel he still needs them and also since it was so drastic.  It was one day a 3 hr. nap and then the next doesn't want to sleep. Is this just a phase?  He does has molars poking through but not crabby about them.  Anyone else experience this!?!?!  He's 2 years and 3 months.

Re: not napping phase?!?!??

• Options
    My DD goes through phases like this and I am never sure why.  I always stick with my routine and put her in the crib for a nap and no matter what she does, I leave her in there for an hour.  She used to cry, and I would remind her that it was time to rest, and now if she doesn't nap, she will talk to herself for an hour or more.  I do it every day and eventually she gets back into the routine of going right to sleep.  2 weeks ago, she napped only 3 out of 7 days and the 2 following weeks, she napped every day but 1.  Stick with it, it's worth it!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks!  I just don't know if I should try putting down for a later nap...like I don't think he needs to go down at noon everyday...maybe push it?  But like you said maybe I should just stick with it. It's so frustrating because it's out of the blue....no gradualness. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

OMG this is us to a tee.  Right now I am home and DH is driving around with DS passed out.  Our DS was taking 3 hr naps every single day and then about week ago he woke up to find my parents watching him we had to go out well i guess at that time he felt that if he sleeps at home we are going to leave him.

Its driving me nuts.  I am a SAHM and I have a 11yr old so on the school days he naps going to get his brother.  Well they are out of school in a weeks if this kid thinks i am driving around town so he can sleep i am not doing it. 

• Options
    eesomeeesome member
    Yes. My son started doing this the past week. He acts tired, I put him down for a nap, and he ends up playing in his room instead.
    Then-- he is grumpy and whiny the rest of the evening. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Glad to know I am not alone, but sorry for you ladies as well. It's frustrating. I re read my healthy sleep habits book and just am going to have to go back to putting him down a bit earlier to see if that helps.  He used to be a 730 bedtime but we have pushed it to like 800....I will try the earlier bedtime and see. I know he's tired today because he stayed up til 945 talking in his crib last night and was up at 515 (although I think he fell back asleep until 640 when I heard him again.  ARGH!!!!
  • Options
    My son hasn't regularly napped in a year, I hoped it was just a phase but alas he prefers to have quiet time for about an hour and sleeps 12-13hrs. a night.  Wish I could offer some tips.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"