Military Families

Hello from Okinawa

Hi everyone! I'm Christina and this is my 2nd pregnancy. I have a 2 year old boy and am expecting a girl in September. My husband and I are stationed in Oki with the USMC.

Re: Hello from Okinawa

• Hey!! DH and I are in okinawa too! We are expecting a girl in October!!
  • I was in Okinawa a few years ago, bitched about how much I hated it and couldn't wait to come home and now I miss it so much.  Please have some Coco's level 2 chicken and cheese with rice for me and don't forget the naan bread. A pedicure at CocoK;s is a must as well!!!   While I hated my experience with the Naval Hospital and everything about it, having kids in Okinawa was such a great experience.  There are tons of parks and playgroups and there is always something to do.  Enjoy...I miss walking the path at the beach between pirate ship park and Jusco. = (
  • Loading the player...
  • hey there!

I'm also in Oki though on KAB.  I'm due in August with a little boy.  Welcome!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah, I've been here a year and a half already and can't wait to leave. I will miss Yogurtland...most definitely. That's about it though. Araha Beach is pretty sweet! My son likes it there.

I've heard horror stories of the Naval Hospital from many people and am seriously terrified to give birth there, but that's really our only option out here. Labor and Delivery was re-done, but the Post Partum Care still sucks.

Congrats on your girl Ai! That's so exciting. 3 out of 4 wives on my side of our multiplex are pregnant all with girls and are due within 3 weeks of each other. I know a couple other girls outside of where we live also having babies around the September/ October timeframe. It's crazy! It's like pregnancy is contagious here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"