Pre-School and Daycare
Options

The defiance has begun

Heaven help us. Almost the day DD turned 3, the Trying Threes began. Defiance and limit-pushing abound.

Today I very nearly didn't take her to the bday party of a very dear friend because she was a bit of a menace all morning long. And my DH has absolutely zero tolerance for defiance - it instantly infuriates him when someone (even if she's 3) doesn't listen. Something about being a cop for 22 yrs.

Can she be 4 yet? I think I'd rather go back to the whiny 2s again, please!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: The defiance has begun

• Options
    Something to look forward to :)
  • Options
    Oh no!  DD is still pretty good mainly, but she definitely has her moments.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel ya.  The day my kid turned 2.5 it seems like a switch went off and now she needs her own way all.the.time.  She's testing every boundary now and all of my patience.  I can see how your DH being a cop could make that even worse. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD is doing the same thing except it has gotten sooooo much worse since the boys came home from the NICU.  I knew she would have a hard time adjusting to being "de-throned" by the triplets but WOW!!!

At the grocer store this morning, I was seen fighting her while she kicked and screamed and fought back to put her in the cart.  I have threatened to put her in the cart if she did not listen and continued to grab items from the shelves.  Well....she tried to push all the pickle jars on the floor.  Angry

DH and I are just trying to be very firm and it looks like her little bottom is going to wear a hole in her time out rug:) 

Good luck! :)  We will need it. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imageStacieErin:
    Something to look forward to :)

Oh, yay... lol

• Options

imageJelliebean1982:
    I feel ya.  The day my kid turned 2.5 it seems like a switch went off and now she needs her own way all.the.time.  She's testing every boundary now and all of my patience.  I can see how your DH being a cop could make that even worse. 

ditto this.  we have been dealing with the NO!s for a couple weeks now. :( It's hard.

• Options
    It's fun, huh?  Let your DH know that it's developmentally appropriate.  Fighting it is the worst thing you can do b/c they will just dig in further.  You have to make it a game and trick them into feeling independent while you get your way.  Everyone wins that way.  ;-)
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options

Ugh, I feel ya.  It's been a trying month, for sure!

We had a story similar to yours too.  We almost didn't go to a birthday party a few weeks ago because of DS's behavior.  He was (and has been a lot lately) uncooperative and a bit difficult.

DH is usually the one who tolerates more and can be a bit more patient at times, and it has even gotten to him on several occasions.

It can be so frustrating!

Our pedi even warned us about it at DS's 3-year check-up last week.  LOL.  He agreed that people talk about the terrbile two's a lot, but that he thinks the three's can be even more difficult sometimes.  Great!!

• Options

i feel like this has been my life for atleast the past 5 months. 

does this mean i am in even deeper when he turns 3?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"