Health & Exercise
Options

No one told me...

That as my stomach got bigger, so would my ass and thighs.  Specifically the backs of my thighs.  I've always carried my weight there and noticed the initial increase, but all of a sudden maternity pants that fit fine, are snug against my butt and thighs.  I've been walking and eat fairly healthy.  Is this just one of the things that happens that no one really mentions early on? 

I also just read about what is going to happen to my boobs my my milk comes in.  I was a 34D pre pregnancy, now a DD...I don't want to think about what is going to happen a few days after the baby is here.

Re: No one told me...

• Options

Your body is storing up fat for nursing. Yeah, you don't need it, but your body thinks you do. So, you gain weight wherever you would normally gain weight, plus some. For me, I gain in my tummy, so I basically looked like I was "all belly," but a lot of that was NOT baby. LOL.

The weirdest part is that you most likely you will get fat in places where you think to yourself, I didn't know you could get fat there. Like the space between your boobs and your armpits. 

• Options
    The only stretch marks I got were on my thighs and they were awful looking. But don't get discouraged they really do fade over time. My LO is almost 11 months old and just in the last few weeks I can fit into my pre pregnancy jeans. It just takes awhile. My midwife said it usually takes your body to your babies first birthday to remember it's not pregnant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"