Trouble TTC
Options

Update on me

Went in to see RE - no dominant follicles yet so once again LH is messing with me.

She said do not pee on anymore OPKs and we will rely soley on u/s.  

The good news is that I do seem to be someone who gets MORE fertile CM on clomid,  there are a "ton" of small follicles on my right ovary and a few on my left and my lining is already 7.5 which she said is good.  I go back next Thursday and hopefully there will be a dominant follicle.

The only concern is the LH needing to surge so I may end up doing a trigger shot after all.  I am waiting to hear how much that costs since I am OOP.

So even though it was a kind of a waste of money...I am still glad I went.   Better safe than sorry right?

Edit

TTC since 07/2009
Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
SAIF/PAIF Welcome
Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.

Re: Update on me

• Options

imageLGLDVM:
    I think it's awesome that they let you come in and get a look at things.  I hope that one or 2 of those follies take over and are nice and plump for you at your next recheck!

Thanks!  And no, unfortunately no chance of being PG right now but with my higher temps and + OPK I could def. see where that could have seemed like a possibility.  Sad

TTC since 07/2009
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options
    I'm glad you went in and were checked.  I remember my RE saying that Ovidrel is about $125 OOP but I could be mistaken.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    image**Papps**:

I'm glad they were able to get you in! I'll be looking for a nice update next week :)

So... I know you mentioned before, but how much are your u/s just out of curiosity?

$400 but I get I a 25% for being OOP so $300.

Not fun...

How are you lady???

Edit:  Be back in 20 minutes!  Going with DH to pick up a pizza!

TTC since 07/2009

SAIF/PAIF Welcome
  • Options
    Best of luck to you.  Come on follies grow!
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

• Options
    imagemdluv21:
    image**Papps**:

I'm glad they were able to get you in! I'll be looking for a nice update next week :)

So... I know you mentioned before, but how much are your u/s just out of curiosity?

Not fun...

How are you lady???

Is this PER u/s? Yikes! :(

That's so great though that they were able to get you in & check things out. And it sounds like you're progressing really well on clomid! yay!

• Options
    imageloloindiego:
    imagemdluv21:
    image**Papps**:

Not fun...

How are you lady???

Is this PER u/s? Yikes! :(

That's so great though that they were able to get you in & check things out. And it sounds like you're progressing really well on clomid! yay!

Yep per u/s.  It is going to get expensive really fast.  ::sigh::

But I know, yay for sounding like clomid is going to work out!  Fingers crossed.

Have a great trip!  I am going to miss you!!!

TTC since 07/2009

SAIF/PAIF Welcome
  • Options

Ovidrel from Freedom Fertility Pharmacy (you can find them online) is $44.25 per dose.  They are an online pharmacy but very well known and the only outside pharmacy my RE uses.  Your RE can fax them a Rx directly.  It's the cheapest price I've found and they deliver overnight for free.

Good luck!!!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Options
    image**Papps**:
    imagemdluv21:
    image**Papps**:

Not fun...

How are you lady???

Mmmmm pizza! lol

I really need to ask how much ours is :(  I don't get a discount booooo. I'm still so confused on what I can get Kaiser to do and what I cant. He's running most of the tests/prescribing meds through Kaiser so we don't have to pay as much, but the u/s and and IUI's will be through him. Kinda scared at the cost!

How has your day been? I'm so glad its Friday! 

I know, I was so excited when DH said he wanted it for dinner.  Yum yum!

I hope your u/s and IUI costs are not too bad! 

Other than the frantic trip up to the RE - it was an ok day!  SO glad it is a three day weekend!

Did you take your first provera yet?  How many days are you taking it?

TTC since 07/2009

SAIF/PAIF Welcome
  • Options

imageillinigal:
    Best of luck to you.  Come on follies grow!

Thank you!!

TTC since 07/2009

SAIF/PAIF Welcome
  • Options
    imageRileyGrace:

Ovidrel from Freedom Fertility Pharmacy (you can find them online) is $44.25 per dose.  They are an online pharmacy but very well known and the only outside pharmacy my RE uses.  Your RE can fax them a Rx directly.  It's the cheapest price I've found and they deliver overnight for free.

Good luck!!!

Wow!!! I will def. ask if I can use them.  Do you just give yourself the injection?

Thanks Riley!

TTC since 07/2009

SAIF/PAIF Welcome
  • Options
    Glad you were able to get in and see what's going on - sounds like your body is responding well to clomid. GL!
  • Options
    imagemdluv21:
    imageRileyGrace:

Good luck!!!

Wow!!! I will def. ask if I can use them.  Do you just give yourself the injection?

Thanks Riley!

I've done it before, DH has done it before.  My RE has everyone do the trigger shot at 7pm so they can schedule the IUI first thing in the morning 36 hours later.  I've heard that some REs will do the shot for you in the office, but it's simple to do it at home.  The Freedom website has tutorials.

I'm sure it'll be fine to order from there, just check out the site first so you have the fax number if they need it.

Good luck!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Options

imageTeach84:
    Glad you were able to get in and see what's going on - sounds like your body is responding well to clomid. GL!

Thanks Teach and thanks for checking on me - It is really sweet!  ((hugs))

I see you had fertile CM with clomid too - so I guess it is not that unheard of! I have never seen so much.  I have also been drinking water like crazy so maybe that is really helping too.

TTC since 07/2009

SAIF/PAIF Welcome
  • Options
    It will be kind of a relief to leave things in the hands of the doctors though, no?  That's great that you've got tons of potential follies - I hope a couple are nice and ripe next week!!
  • Options
    image**Papps**:
    imagemdluv21:
    image**Papps**:
    imagemdluv21:
    image**Papps**:

Not fun...

How are you lady???

Mmmmm pizza! lol

I really need to ask how much ours is :(  I don't get a discount booooo. I'm still so confused on what I can get Kaiser to do and what I cant. He's running most of the tests/prescribing meds through Kaiser so we don't have to pay as much, but the u/s and and IUI's will be through him. Kinda scared at the cost!

How has your day been? I'm so glad its Friday! 

I know, I was so excited when DH said he wanted it for dinner.  Yum yum!

I hope your u/s and IUI costs are not too bad! 

Other than the frantic trip up to the RE - it was an ok day!  SO glad it is a three day weekend!

Did you take your first provera yet?  How many days are you taking it?

I bet that was a crazy day! I'm glad it turned out ok

I really do need to check on costs because I know they will start adding up quickly! I take my first Prov tonight.... I will say I'm so nervous after your experience as well as a few others'  :/  Better than not though right?

Ha I just posted in your post!

Yeah I would check on the costs just so you know what you are getting into.  It might make us jump quicker into IUI because of it.  Just depends on this cycle and DH's SA.

Well you said you were already emotional so maybe it won't make you feel any worse.  I hope not.  Plus, not everyone has the same issue I had.  It goes away very quickly after you stop the pills though so yes I still think it worth it!

TTC since 07/2009

SAIF/PAIF Welcome
  • Options
    Great check today! I hope those follies are growing big for your next one.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm sorry your body is playing with you like this! I hope you get a nice, "juicy" (in the words of my u/s tech) lead follicle.  Good luck!
    It took 5 failed IUIs and a failed IVF, but our FET worked!
    My pregnancy after Infertility Blog
    Our baby girl was born on April 27, 2011!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"