Natural Birth
Options

Another Binsi skirt question

I posted another reply to the first binsi skirt question, but just in case here goes again.  Does anyone know what material it's made from?  It says softer material but what is it?  I'm looking into making some.

Re: Another Binsi skirt question

• Options

I don't know off hand, but I bought this skirt at Old Navy this spring, just in a size up (it's not maternity) and I'm thinking it would do the same thing for a lot less!  It's really stretchy, and very loose, so it's comfortable to move in.  Just in case you want to save yourself time since it's only $16.50.

Arg it's not letting me make it linky...

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=55402&vid=1&pid=730604&scid=730604052

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ooh that's cute!  I already own a similar skirt but I like sewing (though I'm not very good at it yet) and one thing about sewing your own clothes is you get them long enough.  I'm 5'11" and I rarely find something that hits where I want it to.  Plus I'd like to put in something like snaps at the top gor panels on the sides so when the split opens you don't see everything...it's hard to explain.  Anyway my one concern with the skirt you showed is the waist band looks like it would be irritating on the super-sensitive skin I keep reading about.  Thank you though!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just replied below. The site has descriptions of the materials for each skirt. The sport one says jersey material, which is pretty explanatory.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've found that a lot of my most-super-ridiculously-comfortable maternity clothes are a blend of cotton and modal, which is fiber from beech trees.  Perhaps that's the "mystery" material.  Or even bamboo; that's super soft, as well.  Good luck!
    "Love is the promise of the brave." Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks!

• Options
    I just got mine the other day and it's 90% cotton and 10% lycra.  It feels like really thick t-shirt material.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"