Working Moms
Options

Out Sick All Week

So I pretty much only worked one day this week. Monday my LO was sick so I stayed home. Tuesday I went in. Wed & Thurs I had already requested off for some personal stuff and wound up sick myself along with taking care of my even sicker LO. And this morning I am full blown sick ear infection and all. Even better is my DH is sick too. So I am going to call work this morning and offer to work at home if need be. It's supposed to be a short day there with the upcoming holiday. I just feel awful that I have been out all week and I don't know what else to do. I feel like now I have a baby they find me unreliable. Anyone else get that vibe? 

Re: Out Sick All Week

• Options
    I feel like this sometimes too; but it passes.  I think people expect it from time to time when you are a working mom, but as long as you are generally there and getting things done, I think its OK.  Unless there were something really pressing, I wouldn't offer to work from home today either.  You are sick, it happens - even at times that are inconvenient.  They will survive.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have only worked two days this week because of an awful sinus and ear infection.  We have been short staffed this week so I felt bad but work in a hospital and should not really be there when I am this sick.  I never called off sick before my little one and now I am off at least one day every month due to my own sickness or Conrad's.  I totally unnderstand what you are going through.

Not to complain but I had to stop nursing since I am now on steroids.  I was already weaning but did not want to just stop.  Oh well I need to get healthy again.  I hope you are feeling better soon

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"