Natural Birth
Options

hypnobabies - is it necessary to get the workbook?

i took a hypnobirthing class, so i'm already familiar with the tenets of hypnosis during labor. i want to study hypnobabies too, as i've heard that people like it better than HB.

do i need to get the workbook, or would the CDs suffice?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: hypnobabies - is it necessary to get the workbook?

• Options

The books are very helpful; I recommend getting the whole set since it includes a lot of stuff, including a small book for your DH/support person, signs for your door and additional information.

It is a comprehensive childbirth class with the workbook.  It goes into nutrition, standard hospital policies, other things to think about (like delayed cord clamping) and just about everything else you might want to learn.  There are also some scripts in the book that aren't in the CDs - they're for your support person to read to you.

Hypnobabies is great!  I also highly recommend joining their yahoo group, which is very active and a great place to ask questions.

• Options
    I think it is. I dont think I could have done the work without it as a first time mom. I am not sure how different hypnobirthing is from hypnobabies but my teacher always talked like they were very different. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i should clarify that i'm not a first timer, i'm planning a home birth and my MW requires a class on hypnosis in labor, so i imagine a lot wouldn't apply (like signage, info on cord clamping, etc).

do i have to buy the set to join the yahoo group?

ETA: google is my friend. found link to join the group! Thanks ladies!

• Options
    I took a Hypno Birthing course before buying the Hypno Babies self-study kit and although there is overlap in the info they both provide, I would still recommend getting the whole kit (books included). The book is great at mapping out your practice schedule and does provide more supplemental info that is helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"