Success after IF
Options

RP for the night time gals: Doing something for Davez

I posted this this morning...thoughts???

HUGZ FOR DAVEZ

Has anyone posted about doing something to show Davez some love and support? She's always been quick to show her love for others and get us all involved...I think she could really use a little bit of that right about now.  If someone's already working on something I'll jump on that band wagon, but if not, I can either head it up or work with someone.  Even if we do some sort of video- maybe with pictures or encouraging words or love?? I can work on it this weekend and have it done early next week.  OR something totally different....

thoughts??

Re: RP for the night time gals: Doing something for Davez

• Options
    She's always ready with a bar back!!  I would love to do something for Tracie, I just don't know what.  If you need help in any way, please let me know (melissa at jac2598 dot com) and I will be more than glad to help out.  I'm just not all that creative. 
    TTC#1 since Feb 07 with PCOS and mild MFI
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart) Our first love and loss 7/2/07

3 cycles clomid TI = BFNs
    3 cycles clomid Ovidrel IUI = BFNs
    6/27/08 Surprise BFP = chemical pg
    IVF#1 July 08 BFP @7dp3dt
    TTC #3 since February 2010
    FET Sept. and Oct. 2010=BFN's
    IVF#2 June 2011=BFP

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm not creative either but would love to participate in something.  I love that video she did for the mom who had a stroke (am I remembering that correctly?). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm totally in... I'll think of ideas too.
  • Options
    Is doing something with the theme of wings too cheesy?  I'm just thinking angel babies / wings?  I feel like it might be too difficult for her, but it could also be beautiful.  WDYT?
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart) Our first love and loss 7/2/07

IVF#2 June 2011=BFP

• Options

I love the idea, but I'm not sure about doing wings or something like that.  Inspiring words (funny phrases, stuff like that) would probably be good, I'm just not sure she would want to be reminded of her losses themselves, but I could be very wrong here. 

Nicole-thank you for thinking of this, it's very nice of you!!!

Ella- 8/22/08, Jules and Tuck- 12/15/10
  • Options
    imageChristakim:

I love the idea, but I'm not sure about doing wings or something like that.  Inspiring words (funny phrases, stuff like that) would probably be good, I'm just not sure she would want to be reminded of her losses themselves, but I could be very wrong here. 

That's kinda what I was thinking...inspiring words, funny phrases, good thoughts, etc. is what I was thinking...

even if we all write something on paper and take pictures of it.  We could set it to music and have it be a slide show.  If anyone wants to do this that would be awesome.  If no one wants to, I certainly can do it, but I'd just be importing it into iPhoto- I'm so not tech savvy!  It would still come out nice I'm sure.  I also know some girls thought of a gift (Babbs and others).  Maybe we could do some sort of virtual gift and also a tangible gift.  

• Options

Maybe a video with funny pics of our DCs with a funny quote.  I'm thinking something light hearted/funny. I suck at thinking but I'll give it a try:)

Thanks for starting this!

For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageela81:

Maybe a video with funny pics of our DCs with a funny quote.  I'm thinking something light hearted/funny. I suck at thinking but I'll give it a try:)

I like that!!!

• Options
    I agree with the wings thing (the last thing she needs is smoke up her a$$), but it was all I could think of- I like the idea of funny phrases / good thoughts.  Could we "narrow" it down a little so that people have a better idea of what to send?  Is that even necessay?  IDK - funny phrases just seems broad. 

IVF#2 June 2011=BFP

• Options
    imageela81:

Ela pretty much hit the nail on the head - this sounds great!

IVF#2 June 2011=BFP

• Options
    efooeyefooey member

I'm in

not sure this is do-able but it would be funny to get our dc's giving us "the best of davez"  we could go through some old posts and get some good quotes from her.  I can't do the putting together but I could do some quote searching if you like the idea.

• Options

I'm in for sure. 

I hope this is okay to ask...but is she 110% positive it is over?  She was just really vague in her post so I have been holding out a little hope.  Anyone know for sure? 

DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageNicole.:
    imageChristakim:

That's kinda what I was thinking...inspiring words, funny phrases, good thoughts, etc. is what I was thinking...

even if we all write something on paper and take pictures of it.  We could set it to music and have it be a slide show.  If anyone wants to do this that would be awesome.  If no one wants to, I certainly can do it, but I'd just be importing it into iPhoto- I'm so not tech savvy!  It would still come out nice I'm sure.  I also know some girls thought of a gift (Babbs and others).  Maybe we could do some sort of virtual gift and also a tangible gift.  

I'll so the slide show. I owe Tracie one! :) she did one for me when my grandmother died. I would be happy to do it, if someone hasnt already offered. 

I posted some ideas in the original thread... I will get them and copy and paste to this thread

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

this is my 2 posts from this morning:

on the slideshow idea, why not literally hugs for davez?

pictures of our little ones giving her a virtual hug? pictures of us hugging our little ones with a phrase, a word, a thought?

or we can all send a joke, a funny comic, or a joke written out and sent in jpeg format?  Or she wanted us to do something nice for someone, maybe same thing, share a good thing to do, or something... ala hearts for dylan!

I am gonna be honest. I dont have the money for anything extra... but I want her to know we care, so if everyone is going to want to get something for her, I will gladly collect submissions from those of who are broke and can't really afford much else!  I can always offer my time!

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageskoorbnibor:
    imageNicole.:
    imageChristakim:

I'll so the slide show. I owe Tracie one! :) she did one for me when my grandmother died. I would be happy to do it, if someone hasnt already offered. 

I posted some ideas in the original thread... I will get them and copy and paste to this thread

Skoorb- I think Phillysue mentioned that she'd be up for doing the slideshow.  Maybe you want to page her?

• Options
    I love the idea of either hugs for her or the idea of a photo of our LO to make her laugh. I have a few I think she would find funny.
  • Options
    alchrisalchris member
    Great ideas, everyone.  Thanks for taking charge.  I've been thinking about her a TON.
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options

I think Davez is the kind of person that would rather have something funny...or hot barbacks...or do something with some of her phrases?  I dunno.  I just think she would rather have something she could laugh at than be sentimental about.  KWIM?

• Options
    Awesome idea to do something for her.  Whatever it is, count me in.
  • Options
    I'm in, too!
  • Options
    I'm in.... but I'll need to do it today, since I'll be heading out of town tomorrow morning.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    m/c August 2007 - Blighted Ovum
    Sean - Our IUI/Injectable miracle born Oct. 5, 2008.
    Liam - Our second miracle born July 16, 2010
  • Options
    imageela81:

I love this.  I think she would appreciate the funny pictures plus the funny captions.  :-)  I'm happy to help, but I'll be out of reach for the weekend.  I don't know what our timeframe needs to be.  I can do a slideshow Monday night if that's not too late...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dana316dana316 member

I'm in...whatever, whenever, whereever...

I love the idea of funny pics of our little ones, or the hugs for Davez...

My heart is simply broken for her...

• Options
    SeaSoulSeaSoul member
    i'm in for anything that i can create on the computer with existing photos or whatever - i won't be able to actually take a photo and upload it for a while.
    Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"