South Florida Babies

Long Weekend Plans?

Hi guys! :) Okay, so I have been very MIA. Work has been so crazy that I have little more than a few minutes to come on here and read a few posts and maybe give some short responses. By the time I get home, I am embroiled in Sophie, dinner, and all that jazz. I am also feeling VERY pregnant right now. The end of the day after all the stress of work takes its toll on me. I am looking forward to not only meeting my baby but the 3 month break from this place I am going to get.

Anywayz.......WOOHOO for the long weekend coming up!!!!! Do you guys have any big or small plans?

DH has a friend coming in on Saturday night who is leaving on Monday with her BF for a cruise. So we are spending Sunday with them. We are thinking of taking them to Matheson Hammock. We have never been. I want to go the the beach but DH hates the beach so this place is our compromise. I plan on spending Sunday by our pool and just chillaxing and being happy to not be at work. Woohoo!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Long Weekend Plans?

• Sounds like my weekend!

We normally go away for Memorial w/ a group of friends, but we never compromised on a house, so we are staying in town.  Sat we plan on doing a bbq on the beach and hanging out w/ all the families.  That evening, we are haviing an adult only dinner/drinks.  Sunday, we are having a bbq gathring at BIL's house (same group of friends).

Monday, Dh and I want to just relax and enjoy the day off!  Hopefully we lounge around in our pool.

Mel - did you ever find the bathing suit?!  I did!  I got the black one w/ the red bow (I think same as you).  LOL  It is still big on me, but I have no other choice in the matter.  : )

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I haven't been around a whole lot either lately!!!

Sounds like a nice weekend.  I agree with abel, I hate the beach, I much prefer the pool!!! 

We are going to las vegas for the long weekend, leaving saturday morning and coming back tuesday night.  We're staying at  the venetian and going to see the Beatles Love show and dinner one night at Bouchon. We're going with another couple so the boys can gamble while the girls go shopping, lay out by a pool, and hopefully some spa treatments.  I am looking forward to getting away.  Alexis is staying with my parents.  

image image

• Loading the player...
  • Just chillin this weekend. Monday is the 5K I've been training for!!!!!

• Good Luck MelD on the 5k!!!

I'll be in Orlando house hunting :)

• Oh Leanna, so much fun!  ENJOY!  I loved the LOVE show... very entertaining. 
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagecocojack10:

Mel - did you ever find the bathing suit?!  I did!  I got the black one w/ the red bow (I think same as you).  LOL  It is still big on me, but I have no other choice in the matter.  : )

I did! My sister found it for me. Its the tankini with the black and white top, red bow, black bottom. Did youg et the same one? Its actually a little big on me still too...especially in the belly. But I figure it will not be for long. LOL.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMellyMelB:
    imagecocojack10:

I did! My sister found it for me. Its the tankini with the black and white top, red bow, black bottom. Did youg et the same one? Its actually a little big on me still too...especially in the belly. But I figure it will not be for long. LOL.

Yup, same one.  Except, I couldn't find the bottom, as it was on clearance already.  Maybe the other Target near me will have it (had better selection overall).  Otherwise, I think for now, my reg black bottom may still fit... hopefully!

BTW - I responded ot you "not so pretty" child comment below!  CRAZY

-- Jackie
  • I understand how you feel, Mel!  These last two and a half weeks before the summer break seem endless.  Although I really wanted to work this summer, it seems that because of budget constraints I'll only be able to come in for a few weeks before school starts again in August.  But, I have to say I'm really looking forward to 6 weeks off now and 12 weeks off after the baby arrives =)

As for weekend plans, our new a/c arrives tomorrow.  DH's coworker has helped us a lot with remodeling recs and he's now donating his a/c unit to us b/c he is upgrading everything in his house, even though, it's practically brand new and a very good samaritan is installing it free of charge!  Our a/c works but it's so old that it doesn't cool properly and we would've had to replace it within the next couple of years anyway.  I'm really looking forward to some cold a/c during those hot summer months while pregnant!

Saturday, we're going to continue working on the house - hopefully, we can finally get all the interior painting done and start painting the baby's room.

Sunday, I'm going to see SATC2 with my cousins.  Can't think of a way to celebrate our baby girl!  Hope she watches and learns, lol!

Monday, we're having a small bbq/pool party.  Woohoo for the day off!

• I am so looking forward to 6pm! I have fridays off so this is a 4 day weekend for me.

No plans, DH isn't working overtime and it will be nice to have him around all weekend (even though he wants to pressure clean on the weekend...I think he likes his new "toy" too much). Maybe go to Latte or Monkey Joes this weekend and start up the bbq.

I am having a friend over for lunch tomorrow, fajitas, nachos and cold landshark beer...yum!

Everyone have a great weekend. Leanna your trip sounds like to much fun and Melanie good luck!  

• imageHaleakala:

I am so looking forward to 6pm! I have fridays off so this is a 4 day weekend for me.

No plans, DH isn't working overtime and it will be nice to have him around all weekend (even though he wants to pressure clean on the weekend...I think he likes his new "toy" too much). Maybe go to Latte or Monkey Joes this weekend and start up the bbq.

I am having a friend over for lunch tomorrow, fajitas, nachos and cold landshark beer...yum!

Everyone have a great weekend. Leanna your trip sounds like to much fun and Melanie good luck!  

My DH is the same way with the lawn mower and pressure cleaner.  I hope the novelty doesn't wear off soon.

• EliStarEliStar member
    Work has been crazy for me too!! It's always busy around here before a long weekend, so I am definitely looking forward to having an extra day off!! Tomorrow night DH and I are having a date night, probably just dinner and a movie. Saturday I have a christening in the morning and then we're off to the IL's Keys house. Crossing my fingers that it doesn't rain because we're planning on doing lots of fishing, relaxing, boating and we're meeting up with some friends for drinks on Monday in Islamorada.

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I CAN NOT wait for the weekend.. I am so tired of this place.

Saturday we have a birthday party then Saturday night me and my gf and all the kids are hanging out. 

Sunday is church and relaxing, Sunday night me and my gfs are doing dinner and SATC2! I can't wait.

Monday will be hanging out by the pool. 

DH is in a fishing tournament in the keys so it will be just me and the kids this weekend.

• Friday we are going out for dinner then probably watching some movies at home.

Saturday I am getting a mani in the morning then no real plans for the rest of the day. I'm looking forward to doing nothing all day.

Sunday me and some gf's are getting together for lunch then watching SATC2 followed by a little shopping.

Monday we are going to a BBQ at my SIL's house.

• imageMelanieJH1016:

Just chillin this weekend. Monday is the 5K I've been training for!!!!!

Good Luck!!

• AlbahAlbah member
    I've also been MIA! Been working way too much....but we are going to Orlando this weekend for my friend's wedding! And we are going to take advantage and take E to see Mickey for the 1st time! :) Have a great weekend everybody!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Working Saturday, Sunday and Monday :( But will be squeezing in a get-together Sunday night with friends and pool/beach at our friend's beach apt on Monday afternoon once I get home :)
    ~~Givette~~ Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"