Breastfeeding
Options

Which bottles work with Medela pumps?

It just occured to me that my Avent bottles are not compatible with Medela pumps. What brands do work with them? I'd like to be able to pump directly in to the bottle DS will use.

Thanks!

Team Green for #2! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Shmoo is growing up! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Which bottles work with Medela pumps?

• Options
    Medela has a whole line of bottles, nipples and such. You can probably find them online.
    Jude Wayne - Born 4/23/10 Violet Patricia - Born 12/5/12 Breastfeeding, baby-wearing work-at-home mom of 2 living in Rockville, MD
  • Options

They used to have a Medela to Avent converter on Amazon, but I'm not sure.

(I always thought that I would pump right into bottles that DD would take, never worked out that way. I used the .99 gerber bottles or the 2.5 oz Medela tubes[20 for like $13])

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagermaxim:
    Medela has a whole line of bottles, nipples and such. You can probably find them online.

or at target you can get the medela brand. Also, pretty much any bottle that isn't wide neck. Any standard neck bottle will fit the pump.

FWIW, If you haven't opened the Avent bottles, I would keep the receipts. I have heard really bad things about them. Like they leak like crazy. We use born free (I don't pump into them but it really isn't a big deal for me) and I LOVE them. GOOD LUCK.

• Options

Don't waste your money buying Medela-branded bottles.  Any bottle with a standard neck will fit the Medela pump.  I use 99 cent Gerber ones that I got at Target.  I feed from Born Free bottles.  Transferring the milk doesn't bother me - I never pump from one side the exact amount needed for a bottle; sometimes it's more, sometimes it's less.  That said, Born Free does make an adapter for Medela pumps.  Playtex makes one as well.  

• Options
    Ginlyn0Ginlyn0 member

You can buy this to use avent bottles with the Medela:

https://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=149884&catid=169858&aid=337953&aparam=philips_avent_breast_pum&CAWELAID=61282879

They also sell it at Target in store (that's where I bought mine).

DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• Options

We use the Avent bottles and have not had any problems with leaking.

Target sells the converter that allows you to pump from the Medela pumps to the Avent bottles. I wouldn't recommend the Medela bottles to feed from, my DD hated them and they seemed cheaply made!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I use medela bottles (that came w/ my pump) and evenflo bottles which are way cheaper (and DS doesnt notice a difference)...the evenflo bottles can be bought in 12packs for pretty cheap at babies r us

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4013865

They also have the 8oz. bottles in 12 packs depending on how much you pump at a time

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    The 4 oz Dr. Browns fit, too.  I usually transfer, though.
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • Options
    Evenflo, Gerber, Dr. Browns

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Medela bottles are expensive and I hate their nipples. I use the cheapo evenflo bottles or Gerber bottles.
  • Options

Most standard botles fit on to the Medela pump connectors. My Dr. Brown's screw right on to there.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• Options
    I use the glass Evenflo bottles.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"