Single Parents
Options

Clicky Poll on Swimwear

My mother felt inclined to tell me that since I'm a mother now, I should not be wearing a bikini.  So, I decided that I would see what everyone else was wearing this summer and what their thoughts are on motherhood and swimwear!

**Personally, I just really hate tan lines...**

[Poll]

Re: Clicky Poll on Swimwear

• Options
    I selected one piece only because I hate my body. If I had the body for it I don't see anything wrong with wearing a bikini! my mom has 4 kids and still wears a string bikini.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I voted "other" because I hate my body and have never worn a bathing suit. I usually always wear some type of cloth shorts and a t-shirt.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mrgnmrgn member

One piece in public until this body gets back to milf status. The pooch is hanging in there long term, it seems. So gotta get my pilates/yoga on and see if that is going to help.

But I'll rock a bikini at home. No one will see me but family by the pool.

I bought a really cute vintage one piece (and I already had one), so I feel comfortable in the one pieces that I have.

Tell your mom to shush. Wear what you want! If you can rock a bikini so soon after the baby, you SHOULD. (And don't tell me about it, because I'm insanely jealous!)

• Options

I originally got a bikini with "kind of" string bottoms... she told me to return it that same day.  So to please her, I went to White House Black Market and got a bikini and figured since it was a classy store that I would be able to pull it off.  She still expects me to get a cover up to wear whenever I'm not in the water and a full piece for whenever I'm in public. 

I told her if she wants to pay for a cute full piece then I'd wear it.  So we'll see what she decides.  But, I can't even think about the tan lines I'll get.  I was a lifeguard for 3 years in hs and the lines I had were terrible!

• Options
    Bikini all the way and I have both types of bottoms and my body is no where near as great as yours even before this pregnancy. I see nothing wrong with it. I might not wear one this summer just because I won't be in shape but I don't own a one piece.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    If I still had the body for it, I would definitely be wearing a bikini.  But for now, I've got a really cute one-piece from Target.
  • Options

I will be wearing a tankini just because my stretch marks are a little visible still. My body definitely isn't back to normal but I am still young! 

I will be going to the pool every thursday for work, and I have to wear a one-piece, so I considered only getting one and just wearing it when I take DS too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I wear a tankini (the kind where the top goes lower than the top of the bottoms, with nothing hanging out) because I have NEVER been in bikini shape. If I could pull it off, I would wear a bikini every day though. 
  • Options
    I say you wear whatever you feel comfortable in.  This being said... I dont wear swimsuits because I hate my body but this was a fact pre babies too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I 100% refuse to wear a ONE PIECE.  I workout 6 days a week, have no stretch marks and I am (soon to be officially) divorced!  I am going to celebrate the fact that I look better now than I ever did when I was with Captain Incarcerated!
  • Options
    I picked "tankini" only because I am fat right now and wouldn't be caught dead in a bikini. That said, once I get back into shape, I have no qualms wearing a bikini and I am a mother of 3.
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • Options
    imagelnbohac:
    I 100% refuse to wear a ONE PIECE.  I workout 6 days a week, have no stretch marks and I am (soon to be officially) divorced!  I am going to celebrate the fact that I look better now than I ever did when I was with Captain Incarcerated!
    This. EXACTLY!! But DB isn't exactly Cpn' Incarcerated-yet! And as for you-you look fabulous girl-rock that bikini!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Vintage high waisted bikini. My stretch marks on my tummy have not been as cooperative as I would have liked...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"