Boston Babies
Options

lowell general

Hi

I just found out I'm 8 weeks along with twins, after doing IVF. I went to Brigham and Women's for the IVF but live in Methuen so was really hoping to go someplace closer for the regular ob-gyn. I was thinking of Lowell General and was wondering if anyone has gone there and would you chose it instead of Boston for the convenience? TIA!!!

Re: lowell general

• Options

Congratulations! 

I don't really know much about Lowell General other than my SIL delivered there in February and had a fairly good experience. I'm delivering at Emerson, but you are probably just as close to B&W as you are to Emerson.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I live in Lowell, I am only 5W4D however I have 8 nephews that have all been delievered at LGH, and I have 2 cousins who just delivered there and they all had great experience.

Go where you feel comfortable, but in my opinion LGH is a great hospital, I will be delivering there.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Go to Boston, especially since you're having twins.  They are the best hospitals in the world.  If something, God forbid, were to happen, that is where they would send your babies and/or you.  Just my opinion though.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I delivered at LGH and have only great things to say about my experience.  The nurses were fantastic, took great care of my son and I.  I ended up needing an emergency csection after 14 hours of labor, so I was there for 4 days.  We saw the lactation consultant atleast a couple of times a day.  I will definitely deliver my next baby there when the time comes. 
  • Options
    I just had a baby 2 and half weeks ago at Lowell General and it was fantastic.  I can't say enough good things about it.
  • Options

I live in Haverhill and will be delivering at Lowell General. I have heard from other people that they are one of the best in the country. My boss's wife had twins and delivered there and he said that they are excellent. They still go there for their pediatric care as well.

I would recommend setting up a visit with any hospital that you are considering and then making your decision based more on that and which one you feel most comfortable with.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"