New Jersey Babies
Options

overlook hospital - Summit, NJ

Hi - I am new to the board but trying to find out information about Overlook Hospital.  Can you share your experiences?  All of my friends have gone to St. Barnabas but my doctor is only at Overlook.  Is this a "bad" hospital?  I haven't heard great things about it overall (not sure about the maternity center though.)

Thanks in advance!

Re: overlook hospital - Summit, NJ

• Options
    kle0113kle0113 member

Both of my brother's kids were born there and they did not have one problem.  They are also affliated with Morristown and that is a great hospital so I think you are in pretty good hands with Overlook. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    ali76ali76 member
    I like it--but I'm probably biased since I was born there ;).  Seriously though, a lot of my family & friends have delivered their babies there, my sister's baby was treated there for pneumonia when he was only a few weeks old, I've had surgeries there...All have been very good experiences!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My friend just gave birth there...nice place.

• Options
    I delivered both my boys at Overlook and I was very pleased. Staff is very nice and accomadating. Also the labor and delivery nurses are very nice and the hospital is clean.
  • Options

My friend who is due June 25th switched from St. Peters to Overlook when she moved after he second pregnancy.  She said the staff is amazing there and has nothing but good things to say about it!  Good luck :)

Mita

• Options

We had our two children there as did everyone in my family.  It's a great hospital in a great town.  Very friendly and professional.  Our son was in the NICU for a week when he was born and they couldn't have made it more comfortable for us.

• Options
    I was born at Overlook but unfortunately don't remember it! :)
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options
    Hi, My cousin delivered at overlook in january. I was there from start to finish and they were great. THey let me in while she waited to be walked into delivery for a csection and everyone was so nice. They say one visitor at a time after while waiting to go into maternity ward but they let me and my husband go in together. They let us right up to the nursery window a half hr after the baby was born and we watched everything. The nurses and staff seemed great and my cousin had no complaints what so ever. I am delivering at st barnabas and hope to have that kind of positive experience that my cousin had
  • Options

I think that it is great to get rec's from other moms, but also to ask your own questions.  Depending on what you want from your birth, ie high-tech or low intervention, what worked for one person may not work for another. 

www.icanofnj.com is a great resource to look up hospital rates of c/section, episiotomy, vbac, epidural use, and more.  Also, it is a good idea to gather your questions and call the l&d nurses or go for a tour... questions like: will I be required to have an IV? hep lock? Do you have a birthing tub? How long after my water breaks it is hospital policy to recommend a c/s? Will I be encouraged to walk during labor? Do you allow for intermittent fetal monitoring, or is constant monitoring required? Do you have a wireless monitor? and whatever else might be important to you...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"