Maryland Babies

Test Leads to Needless C-Sections

Re: Test Leads to Needless C-Sections

• Thanks for sharing the article.  Yes we all want healthy babies and healthy deliveries, but I wonder how much harm unecisary c-sections do to the mom and the baby.  And lets be real - if there was a test that unreliable being done for just about any other situation it would be stopped.  When are we going to realize that if you are a healthy person with a healthy pregnancy intervention (including apparently a fetal monitor) can lead to more harm than good.  I hope things will start to change soon!
  • You are more than welcome and I hope so to.  I think that change won't happen until we as women become more informed and demand different care.  I also think that insurance companies need to change their policies.  A lot of times hospitals feel pressured into complying with certain procedures and policies as they can go back if there was a lawsuit and/or to their insurance company and say but see we did x, y and z!  (Especially when it comes to EFM where there is a printed transcript for them to show in court).  For instance at Anne Arundel Medical Center they actually hook you up to EFM for longer than even ACOG recommends, which IMO is due to fear of litigation.  Coming down off of my soapbox for now as I need to start making dinner for tomorrow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageanonsouthernbell:
    .  For instance at Anne Arundel Medical Center they actually hook you up to EFM for longer than even ACOG recommends, which IMO is due to fear of litigation. 

yes, and they keep those records on file for like 25 yrs in case you come back and try to sue the hospital for anything (like cost of lifetime care if anything should happen to your child.)  The L&D nurse told me this when I was there having my daughter- sort of freaky. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • That is very freaky.  And major congratulations are in order.  I didn't realize that you had already had your son.  I hope that your birth was everything that you wanted it to be!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageanonsouthernbell:
    That is very freaky.  And major congratulations are in order.  I didn't realize that you had already had your son.  I hope that your birth was everything that you wanted it to be!

It was- very different from my experience w. my DD!  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"