Postpartum Depression
Options

Help.

Hi, I am hoping this is the board I should be posting on. I think I need help. Secretly I have known that I am in need  of help for months but I have been way to embarrassed to get it. I don't want my SO to know that there is something wrong, or mom, well actually anyone. I have severe mood swings. One second I love my life the next I am so unhappy and hating life. Most days I wish my son would just sleep all day so I could to. Dont get me wrong I love my son to death just some days I just feel I don't know overwhelmed (that might not be the right word. I think frustrated fits better) ? I feel like a horrible mother because I go from talking to him and smiling then ten minutes later I am angry.

Yesterday SO did not work and we spent the day shopping etc. He says I had about 6 major mood swings, during the coarse of the day. And last night he said maybe I should think about going on a mood stabilizer. I know I need it. But I feel like a failure if I ask for help. I know I need to call my DR. but I am sitting here with the phone in my hand hitting the number then hanging up. I don't know what to do!

Re: Help.

• Options
    Don't be ashamed or afraid to get help!  I put it off for a while and looking back on it I wish I had gotten help sooner!  I'm on zoloft now and my mood swings and frustrations are so much better.  I'm really glad that I can now enjoy every day instead of waking up hoping to have a good or decent day.  Call your dr. and don't hang up!!!  It will make you feel SO much better and you will be thanking yourself that you did get help!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Your LO is such a cutie!!! Big Smile

Oh yeah, keep us updated ; )

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I called and apparently my doctor is out till June and the nurse told me to just go to the walk-in clinic.

And thanks:)

• Options
    I'm really glad you called!  It's tough to admit that you need help and to get it, but you feel SO much better about everything!  It's a huge relief when you know you are going to start to feel better soon.  I hope the walk-in clinic helps you : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"