Houston Babies
Options

My sleep is going out the window...

Between having to pee every three hours, and a baby that is kicking the heck out of me at 4:30am now...I dont sleep much :(  I know it is that "getting ready" time, but I really did enjoy my 8 hours of sleep with out much interruption the last couple of months.  I hear that this only gets worse.  The other part, is that it is getting more difficult to roll my happy butt out of bed and then I have to sit there for a few minutes (all while trying not to pee myself) to wake up enough to make it to the toilet while my husband snores peacefully on the other side of the bed.  And now I am dragging at work...at least my boss understands! :)

Re: My sleep is going out the window...

• Options

Everyone tells you to "get your sleep" before the baby comes.  I wanted to SLAP.THEM.SILLY.  Tell that to my husband, but don't tell me that -- its physically impossible.

I feel your pain.  I did really good with not having to pee in the middle of the night until probably around 30 weeks. It's no fun but I guess its just getting you ready for the middle of the night feedings... when again your husband will not hear the baby wake up crying but you will :)

Its all worth it when you cuddle your little one though! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I feel your pain!  I have had to pee in the middle of the night at least 3 times since I was about 8 weeks - I thought I had longer until that kicked in!

Last night was the first time I didn't wake up in the middle of the night ... and DD came in at 3am because she had a tummy ache.  Oye!

Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesad5781:

Everyone tells you to "get your sleep" before the baby comes.  I wanted to SLAP.THEM.SILLY.  Tell that to my husband, but don't tell me that -- its physically impossible.

I feel your pain.  I did really good with not having to pee in the middle of the night until probably around 30 weeks. It's no fun but I guess its just getting you ready for the middle of the night feedings... when again your husband will not hear the baby wake up crying but you will :)

Its all worth it when you cuddle your little one though! 

I hated it when people said that. Oh, and I could have been in a coma and did nothing but sleep for the last trimester and it wouldn't have helped in the least with the sleep deprivation.

Hopefully you will have a good sleeper who will nap a lot. Sorry you aren't able to sleep.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"