South Florida Babies
Options

nursery poll (yes, I'm obsessed today)

When did you start working on the nursery?

When did you have it complete - including furniture?

Did you make it gender-specific or gender-neutral?

Light or dark furniture w/ neutral, vivid, or dark paint? 

If you have more than one baby, did you use the same nursery (either the room or the pieces) for both or did you start a brand new nursery with baby #2?

What would you have done differently if you could go back and start all over?

Re: nursery poll (yes, I'm obsessed today)

• Options

When did you start working on the nursery? a couple of weeks after we found out the baby was a girl, so around 20-something weeks. but i had already been gathering ideas way before then.

When did you have it complete - including furniture? totally complete, including having everything in its place? the night i went into labor! hahaha. i would say maybe a week before that we had all the major stuff done, but it was that night, at 39 and a half weeks, that i finished everything i wanted to do before she was born, including organizing all her drawers, etc.

Did you make it gender-specific or gender-neutral? gender specific

Light or dark furniture w/ neutral, vivid, or dark paint? white furniture with light, neutral-ish paint. in terms of the paint, there was already a lot of pink in there so i didn't want the walls to be pink too. we opted for a very pale yellow. 

If you have more than one baby, did you use the same nursery (either the room or the pieces) for both or did you start a brand new nursery with baby #2? n/a

What would you have done differently if you could go back and start all over? i had a furniture crisis because after purchasing the two pieces i got at ikea, i realized that they didn't really fit as well as i had hoped. i thought i had measured everything well, but once i got it all in the room, it felt way too crowded and i couldn't figure out how to arrange everything. luckily a few of my very good friends came over one night and helped me figure it out and now i'm really happy with how it looks. in hindsight, though, i would have been a lot more careful about measuring everything out and creating a little floor plan before making any major purchases. had i done that, i probably would have bought a smaller bookcase and dresser, but at the same time, the ones i ended up with have been great for all the storage they have provided

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

When did you start working on the nursery? I think we ordered the furniture and started to paint when I was around 20 weeks. It took the furniture forever to get there. I think 8-10 weeks.

When did you have it complete - including furniture? Somewhere between 32-36 weeks

Did you make it gender-specific or gender-neutral? gender specific

Light or dark furniture w/ neutral, vivid, or dark paint?   dark furniture, navy blue paint and while wainscotting

If you have more than one baby, did you use the same nursery (either the room or the pieces) for both or did you start a brand new nursery with baby #2? NA- but I keep thinking about what we would do since we live in a 2 bedroom house. Nico's room is so boyish and we spent so much time on it. I don't know what I will do if #2 is a girl.

What would you have done differently if you could go back and start all over? Nothing :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When did you start working on the nursery? I had things picked out before I knew the sex of the baby, but I really started working on things after we knew the sex.

When did you have it complete - including furniture? I think the room was complete in December.

Did you make it gender-specific or gender-neutral? The decorations and glider are gender specific, but everything else in the room is neutral.

Light or dark furniture w/ neutral, vivid, or dark paint? White furniture with a cream-colored paint.

If you have more than one baby, did you use the same nursery (either the room or the pieces) for both or did you start a brand new nursery with baby #2? N/A

What would you have done differently if you could go back and start all over? I wouldn't have stressed out so much and I would have taken my time doing things. I felt everything needed to be done NOW (I built the crib and DH nearly killed me) and then when the room was done, I was like "now what?"

• Options

When did you start working on the nursery?  With Abby-  at like 18 weeks 

With Sarah- at around 30 lol  I was too busy!

When did you have it complete - including furniture?  Abby- about 1 1/2 months before she came

Sarah- like, last week (lol seriously, no time!)

Did you make it gender-specific or gender-neutral?    Gender specific, both of them.  Abby's is pink and green, Sarah's is yellow and green (though it could be gender neutral, it's a bit girly)

Light or dark furniture w/ neutral, vivid, or dark paint?  Both have white furniture and the paint is pastel, but i put vinyl prints on the wall (to look like a mural) that are both very large and vivid 

If you have more than one baby, did you use the same nursery (either the room or the pieces) for both or did you start a brand new nursery with baby #2?  Brand new one... there's no way the two of them were going to room just yet.

What would you have done differently if you could go back and start all over?

I'd wait an extra month to start both nurseries... pbk came out with bedding that i LOVED after i bought the crib bedding!!  (The pink surf bedding. i love it!!  i hope it's around when we have them share rooms!!)

• Options

Hope this helps!

When did you start working on the nursery? We started to move out the computers around December, I was due in June, so around April during spring break I had the murals painted in Nick's room.

When did you have it complete - including furniture?  Everything was done by the beginning of May, thank God too, cuz Nick came early at the end of May, at 35wks 5days. 

Did you make it gender-specific or gender-neutral?  Because I am a teacher I made it a theme of my favorite book, (The Hungry Caterpillar).  I left the walls yellow and painted a tree on the corner, the sun and the hungry caterpillar above his bed, with His name on the caterpillar.  I also got a giant leaf from IKEA to put in the corner coming out of the tree.

Light or dark furniture w/ neutral, vivid, or dark paint? Light furniture (White) 

If you have more than one baby, did you use the same nursery (either the room or the pieces) for both or did you start a brand new nursery with baby #2?  Only have one baby now, but I have no clue what I will do when the 2nd one comes along. 

What would you have done differently if you could go back and start all over? Nothing I love his room.

• Options
    When did you start working on the nursery?  Don't remember when we started working on it.  Probably around 6 months pg b/c we had to redo the kitchen before then.

When did you have it complete - including furniture? Probably was complete around 8 months pg--by the time of the shower.

Did you make it gender-specific or gender-neutral? Gender neutral--green walls and yellow curtains with Winnie The Pooh cribset.

Light or dark furniture w/ neutral, vivid, or dark paint? Dark-ish wood furniture (not black but cherry-ish) w/ medium green walls

If you have more than one baby, did you use the same nursery (either the room or the pieces) for both or did you start a brand new nursery with baby #2?    Using same nursery for second baby (moved older son to another room), just added some Pooh wall hangings and added feminine bedding to double bed that's in the same room after she was born (we didn't find out gender during pgs).

What would you have done differently if you could go back and start all over?  I would have gotten the Pooh wall hangings the first time around and not waited for the second kid--it looks nicer.  Also would have gotten the nicer bedding earlier, too, since I like it.

• Options

Thanks for all the input, ladies!

I was waiting to find out the gender to make the room very gender-specific.  But, after reading some of your posts and considering that we made a doorway to that room from the master bath, then it will most likely be the nursery for future babies.  So, we will probably go with more gender-neutral paint and furniture and then make it more gender-specific with bedding, decorations, wall decals, etc - things that will not be permanent. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"