Parenting
Options

Frequent urination/bedwetting = infection?

I wonder if my DD has an infection...she is 3, and wet the bed last night. She peed about 100 times today, does this mean she has an infection? She doesn't have a fever, and isn't complaining of it hurting, but this is so out of character for her. Would you visit the pedi?

THANKS

DD1 12.18.06 DD2 9.18.08 DD3 EDD 5.10.2012 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Frequent urination/bedwetting = infection?

• Options

This was K a week ago!   I thought the same thing, but it was nothing. I made sure she went to the bathroom when I went to bed (dream pee?) and that seemed to help.

I think since it has been warm, she was drinking more water.

Michelle Mommy to Kayleigh, Audrey and Faith. image
  • Options
    REOMREOM member
    Oooh, good point! I couldn't believe she wet the bed last night, then was peeing so much today, I was concerned. Thanks!
    DD1 12.18.06 DD2 9.18.08 DD3 EDD 5.10.2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Claire was doing this last week, plus having multiple accidents daily.  We took her in and there was no infection...just a 3 year old girl who did not want to stop playing during the day and take time out to pee :)  She still sleeps with a pull-up, though, because she's been wetting the bed since September (after two months of sleeping with no problem in undies)
  • Options
    Has she been on any meds lately?  This past winter, my DS was on a corticosteroid for breathing trouble following illness.  After he finished the meds he had about a week where he went to the bathroom a ton of times.  Sometimes there was hardly any pee for him to put in the potty, but he still said he had to go.  I had him checked out and he was fine, but the research I did suggested that it may have been bladder spasms which can be common in little kids due to growth spurts or reaction to meds.  His stopped after about 1 week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"