South Florida Babies
Options

Grandma falls in love w/ grandson... have baby together

Have you heard this story?!  Anyone else absolutely disgusted by it?!  Grandma put daughter up for adoption at birth.  Daughter died, but grandson went looking for grandma.  The moment they met "they fell in love."  Now they have a surrogate (sp) having their child.

https://nz.lifestyle.yahoo.com/new-idea/real-life/article/-/7124792/im-in-love-with-my-grandson-were-having-a-baby/

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Grandma falls in love w/ grandson... have baby together

• Options
    I saw that earlier and it's just strange to me. I know you can't help who you fall in love with, but still
  • Options
    Wow! I am totally appalled by this story! Que asco!  Poor baby being born into this screwed up family.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ummm. EWWWWWWW.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ew. I guess they can't control who they fall in love with, but the part of the article describing the night they became lovers was a bit much, IMO.
  • Options

Millions of people all over the world refrain from parenting children with their grandsons.  You CAN help who you fall in love with.  Lol.

ETA:  Just realized they're 45 years apart.  Not ok.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageMellyMelB:
    Ummm. EWWWWWWW.

This....exactly! EWWWWW!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Utterly disgusting and wrong on SO many levels.
  • Options

It's definitely gross, but I guess since they were strangers when they met, anything could happen. To each their own.  They are not hurting anyone and at least they are using a surrogate.

• Options
    That is disgusting! Good thing that her daughter was raised by other parents!
  • Options

I guess to each his own... but it's still gross.

DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

ew ew ew ew ew gross gross gross gross gross!!!

And as one of the comments on the article notes, GSA is only an explanation of why it happens, not something that makes it okay or anything other than gross!  

Wow.  They are clearly both trying to make up for what they missed (she, a baby she can keep (well, gee, almost two babies with him being one); he, a mother/family that isn't dead), but again, that only explains why it happens.

And that whole load of crap about "You can't control who you fall for" is just that: a load of crap.  Millions of people are attracted to others that they cannot for various reasons engage in a relationship with, and they manage to keep it in their own pants.  This is no different from any other morally wrong action being explained by impulse.  Think of any adulterous couple vs. anyone who has ever been tempted and refused to commit adultery.  Simple matter of impulse control.

Tania

• Options
    imagetaxbride:

And that whole load of crap about "You can't control who you fall for" is just that: a load of crap.  Millions of people are attracted to others that they cannot for various reasons engage in a relationship with, and they manage to keep it in their own pants.  This is no different from any other morally wrong action being explained by impulse.  Think of any adulterous couple vs. anyone who has ever been tempted and refused to commit adultery.  Simple matter of impulse control.

this is exactly what I was going to say!  well said, tania :-D

• Options

The story isn't available anymore, but I don't think I wanted to read it anyway.

EWWWW!

• Options
    imageANJ410:

It's definitely gross, but I guess since they were strangers when they met, anything could happen. To each their own.  They are not hurting anyone and at least they are using a surrogate.

I think the surrogate is just carrying the pregnancy, the egg and the sperm may still belong to the grandmother and the grandson.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"