Breastfeeding
Options

Let down

This is kind of embarassing when it happens, but does anyone else literally squirt their LO in the face, or squirt across the room when LO pulls away? I feel like a firehose

Re: Let down

• Options
    Yup!  Over-active letdown... I've been there.  For me, it regulated over time and hasn't been a problem since LO was probably 4 months old.  LOs will get used to it and become better able to manage the flow.  I'd keep a burp cloth or small towel on hand at every feeding to catch the squirts and any extra milk that spills out of LO's mouth.  Nursing in a side lying position also helps and so does leaning back and having LO be more on top of you- gravity slows the flow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes, it's a little better now that DS is older, but it still happens. It took DS a few months to adjust to chugging his milk, poor guy! :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Haha, yep!  it still happens from time to time.  The poor look on her face when she gets some on her face...oh, well.  
    Baby   Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just did this today (not the first time)! It literally squirted her in the face, hit the bed frame, and got all over floor. Too funny!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"