Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

When could your LO actually walk up & down stairs?

C has been crawling up and down stairs (using her belly) for a while but lately she's been trying to step up/down the stairs. She's still too small and ends up crawling.

So I'm wondering, when did your LO actually master walking up and down the stairs? TIA.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: When could your LO actually walk up & down stairs?

• Options
    ss+elss+el member
    He just started doing stairs at all about a month ago. We taught him to step down holding a rail or someone's hand right away, but he's often still a bit nervous, so he usually goes up and down on belly & knees. Just in the last few days he's been braver about trying to step instead of crawl.
  • Options
    DS has just started holding onto the railing in the last few weeks. He still likes to be carried sometimes but he'll go up and down a lot of times by himself.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagess+el:
    He just started doing stairs at all about a month ago. We taught him to step down holding a rail or someone's hand right away, but he's often still a bit nervous, so he usually goes up and down on belly & knees. Just in the last few days he's been braver about trying to step instead of crawl.

I think we're the ones who are more nervous, sometimes she has no fear.

Thanks for the info ladies : )

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We don't have stairs in our home, but at Xmas time we were at a house with them and my DD spent the entire time going up and down them. She was just under 17 months. One of her steps going down though was on the edge of the step and thankfully I was on her butt waiting for it to happen. I still don't think I'd feel comfortable letting her go up and down without someone there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Not yet--and he's 22 months. The steps are too high for him, and he simply refuses to go down. He's a pro at going up on his belly/hands/knees.

• Options
    ss+elss+el member
    imagekarenmarie20:

imagess+el:

I think we're the ones who are more nervous, sometimes she has no fear.

Thanks for the info ladies : )

Plenty of nerves coming from me as well at first. We have a ranch home and don't 'live' in our basement, so the most steps he ever has to navigate here are the two to get off our front porch. My parents have 4 from the deck to the yard. Short distances, less worry :)

• Options
    DS is almost 20 months, and he does our two garage porch steps holding onto the railing, and he does our flight of stairs pretty well scooting down on his bum.  going up the flight is usually pretty easy, but if he lost his balance, he'd go tumbling, so either DH or i are ALWAYS there when he does stairs.  and i don't forsee that changing for a good while.  HTH.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Holdng on to the railing  was around 16 months.  Now we can do an entire flight with no hands, which is scary.  He has no fear.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    she's been going down holding our hands for a few months.  She can do w/o holding hands, but I will only let her do that the last 2 steps
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS started walking down recently.  He's 16 months.  He holds onto my hand or the wall.  His legs aren't long enough to walk up yet.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"