North Carolina Babies
Options

Did anyone stop pumping at work and just nurse in morning and night?

I've only been pumping once at work for a while.  I was getting enough for one bottle and then giving formula for the other bottle she gets while I'm at work.  I'm now not getting enough for the one bottle.  If I stop pumping and just nurse morning and night, I wonder what will happen with my supply.  I usually nurse her twice in the morning before work (once really early and then we both go back to sleep and then again right before work).  Normally I only nurse her once in the evening before bed.  Once in a while it's twice if I nurse her right after work and then again before bed. 

I don't know, I'm just over pumping.  Crying

Anybody been through this? 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

Re: Did anyone stop pumping at work and just nurse in morning and night?

• Options
    I did this.  For about 1 month.  But my supply was never good to begin with.  It worked well for that time. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

IT'S OK TO BE OVER PUMPING!  I SYMPATHIZE!!!

And yes, as long as she's nursing well and your supply is OK right now, you should be perfectly fine on that nursing schedule and your supply should keep up.  We didn't get to that point until Kira was past a year, but as you know Kira was tiny yet ate ALL the time!  I think nursing 3 times a day, *maybe* more if you can squeeze in one in the evening or on weekends if you want to, will be 100% perfect for you guys!!!

YAY for all you've done!!! :)

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagealchris:

And yes, as long as she's nursing well and your supply is OK right now, you should be perfectly fine on that nursing schedule and your supply should keep up.  We didn't get to that point until Kira was past a year, but as you know Kira was tiny yet ate ALL the time!  I think nursing 3 times a day, *maybe* more if you can squeeze in one in the evening or on weekends if you want to, will be 100% perfect for you guys!!!

Yeah, I was wondering about the weekends, because I would prefer to just nurse her then.   It's been rare that I giver her a bottle on the weekends.  But I didn't know if there would be anything there for her on the weekends if my body adjusts to her not eating during the work day five days a week. 

My Sweet Girls

• Options
    imageWendyNC:
    imagealchris:

Yeah, I was wondering about the weekends, because I would prefer to just nurse her then.   It's been rare that I giver her a bottle on the weekends.  But I didn't know if there would be anything there for her on the weekends if my body adjusts to her not eating during the work day five days a week. 

At this point you should have plenty of flexibility to nurse as much as or little as you want.  (That's within limits of course, but I don't see you nursing 10 times one day and then taking a week off and then nursing 10 times the next day!) 

At 7+ months -- and how did that happen, by the way? :) -- you can nurse more or less some days and your body will adjust as long as your supply is OK now, you continue to eat and drink plenty (!), and you don't have any major hormone shifts (your supply might go down with AF, for example).  It's totally worth trying, IMO! :)

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options
    yup.
    when i went back to work i pumped 2-3 times. (i work long shifts)
    i never had a good supply.
    eventually (like 2 weeks in) i gradually dropped the pumps and just kept an a.m and p.m feeding.....my supply quickly diminished.

didn't work for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagekaysi82:
    yup.
    when i went back to work i pumped 2-3 times. (i work long shifts)
    i never had a good supply.
    eventually (like 2 weeks in) i gradually dropped the pumps and just kept an a.m and p.m feeding.....my supply quickly diminished.

didn't work for me.

I had the same experience. (But that being said, when I totally quit pumping at work, I was starting the weaning process so it didn't really matter). It may be different for you b/c if you work a normal 9-5ish job. I worked 12 hr shifts. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  I think I'll try to stick it out with one pump at least for a while longer.  You just have days where you want to throw the pump out of the window...after a long week, Friday was one of those for me.  I never thought I would be breastfeeding at 7+ months, but now I don't want to jeopardize our nursing relationship.  :)

My Sweet Girls

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"