How much will I hate my life...

If I get a single breast pump?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much will I hate my life...

• Options
    How often will you pump?
  • Options

I have no idea. Right now the plan is just pump often enough to have a small fridge/freezer stash b/c the baby has been a rock star on the boob.

If that changes, I'm thinking I'll invest in a double. But until then...??

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You probably won't.  I have a double electric and a single manual and I use the manual every once in a while and it works fine.  I wouldn't really want to use it every day, though...
  • Options
    I can't really help you...my baby was not a rock star on the boob (I am jealous!) and was a "lazy sucker" which means that I ended up bf'ing like 12-14 times a day and pumping 5-8...and then when he became efficient I went to work and pumped there!  I think if you're just looking for a small amount, it wouldn't be so bad! 
  • Options
    If you are not going back to work and are just going to be using the pump to create a stash for the occasional night out a single pump will probably suit you fine.  I got a Madela single electric and it worked out great for me, but I'm a SAHM and never had to pump regularly (just pumped enough to keep a stash for date nights and girls nights)...
  • Options
    It definitely depends on how you plan to use it.  I had both a double electric and a single hand pump.  I used the double electric to pump at work, and the single hand pump for nights out (only a handful -- ok, two).  I can't imagine having to use the hand pump for regular pumping.  However, it was nice to have for those (two) nights out, where dragging the double electric would have been ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"