Cincinnati Babies
Options

1st Communion Gift?

DH's cousin has her 1st communion in a Catholic church this Sunday.  Then there is a luncheon after.  What do you think would be a good gift for her?  I'm pretty sure she is in 2nd or 3rd grade.  Thanks!

Re: 1st Communion Gift?

• Options
    When I made my first communion I remember getting a really nice rosary, crucifix necklace, and a 1st Communion Frame (wow...that seems like such a long time ago!).  I'm sure I probably got a selection of Bibles too!  :-)  There's a Catholic book store in my neck of the woods that I love....Innervisions.  They have great gifts for all occasions.  Maybe you could find a similar store near you and ask for guidance. 
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I like something similar to this:  https://www.amazon.com/My-First-Communion-Book-Remembrance/dp/0819848247/ref=pd_sim_b_15.

I've found these kind of memory books at Catholic bookstores in our area.  The ones I've seen are really neat and have been given to girls who seem to enjoy filling the book with photos and their memories from the day.  I think it also has pages that let them talk about their family and their Baptism and other important life or faith "milestones" and Sacraments, so it's pretty fun for this age group.   Plus, I think it's a great keepsake.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Someone gave me this book for my First Communion. It's a cool story -- obviously, since I still remember it. :)

Photo by Melissa Nicole Photography

imageimage
  • Options
    I had a couple of first communions last year and found some really cute gifts at Hallmark. They had a little prayer bracelet that was really cool and not too expensive.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • Options
    we always give money
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Things Remembered has some nice communion gifts.  Willow tree figurines are nice as well. Rosary, crucifix, bible, any other religious trinkets are good, standard 1st communion gifts.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our nephew makes his first communion this Sunday too. We aren't Catholic and I know he'll get a ton of religious gifts from his Catholic relatives so we're taking him to a Dayton Dragons game this summer. Nothing says Jesus loves you like baseball, right? Stick out tongue
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options
    Money is also huge for first communions! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMeg41208:
    we always give money

This. 

• Options

imageKristenBtobe:
    Our nephew makes his first communion this Sunday too. We aren't Catholic and I know he'll get a ton of religious gifts from his Catholic relatives so we're taking him to a Dayton Dragons game this summer. Nothing says Jesus loves you like baseball, right? Stick out tongue

LMAO! 

• Options

imageKristenBtobe:

You are too funny!  I'm sure your nephew appreciates getting something other than the standard gift.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"