Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Poll: Favorite thing about this age?

I know, too many to list, right?

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.

Re: Poll: Favorite thing about this age?

• Options
    (M is 2.5) and I LOVE The talking! She has started talking SOOOO MUCH! Im still at the point where I enjoy it so Ill say its my fav part!!  
  • Options

The conversations and the general naiveness of being (almost) three.

"mommy - who turned the lights off in the sky?"

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Goblin Gallup 5k 10/30/11 - 36:46
    Turkey Trot 5k 11/24/11 - 35:14
    Festival of Lights 5k 12/31/11 - 33:13
    Love the Run You're With 5k 2/13/12 - 31:58
    Backyard Burn 5 miler 3/11/12 - 1:08:42
    Cherry Blossom 10 Miler 4/1/12 - 1:58:22
    Wine Country HF 6/2/12 - TBD
    Spartan Race 8/25/12 - TBD
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hands down, the imagination.

I want to freeze my son where he is right now -- old enough to begin to understand and remember a lot about the world, but young enough not to be self-conscious about bringing his imaginary world out into the open.

He has 2 imaginary alter-egos: a good one and a goofy one.  The good one is Kusa-9, this super-powerful butterfly hero.  My son pretends that I'm a pokemon character named Shinx.  Shinx is Kusa-9's younger, less-capable friend, and I've literally spent hours over the past year playing the part of Shinx.  I know that soon my son is going to outgrow Kusa-9, which is going to break my heart!

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    the conversations we have.  the imagination, the curiousity.  i love hearing him talking to his toys and the imaginary play.....just the little things that make him so satisfied and excited.  i love watching his face light up over chocolate pudding for a dessert.
  • Options

So many!

Her imagination

Her attention span and attention to detail has never been greater

She's the smartest she's ever been, so she assumes other people don't know as much. She often teaches our adult friends how to make letters or draw cats.

Her memory

Her jokes - changing up words from songs and stories and cracking herself up

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Her imigination. She will tell stories to my MIL about her and I going shopping at Kmart and we bought 3 pairs of pink pajamas, etc...

She has never been to kmart though so I don't know where she gets this!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Her ability to bounce right back and move on -- from crying to happily talking in mere seconds

Her talking is finally picking up and it's so fun to hear what she'll say next

Hugs and kisses :)

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options

3.5 is like, a person. lol aidan has always been "my buddy", but now its like a friend. she chats about the day, asks me how im doing, etc. i just love it.

sawyer, well, she's at the age where pretty much everything she does is funny. lol bc toddlers are awkwardly hilarious.

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• Options

I love the fact that they're actually interested in other people's lives and their feelings in addition to their own.  They will ask the sweetest things:  "How was your school, Mom?"  or "Are you happy?"   

I love that they are total sponges who LOOOVE learning.  Dylan asks to do "homework time" at the table.  Cherishing that while it lasts!

I love that I DO still get cuddles from time to time but they don't "need me" so much that it exhausts me like a newborn does.

And of course I love that they still marvel at the simple things in life and help me remember to also. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    Probably the funny things that he says, or how caring he is.  He is all the time asking if his baby sister is okay.  Today I was sitting quietly at my brothers and he came over and put his arm around me and said, "mommy you feeling okay?"  He looked all concerned, I guess I am not quiet much...he is such a sweetie!
  • Options
    imagehowleyshell:

I love the fact that they're actually interested in other people's lives and their feelings in addition to their own.  They will ask the sweetest things:  "How was your school, Mom?"  or "Are you happy?"  

This too!  During her gym glass Kira makes sure *I* have one of everything she plays with, or she'll grab one of the felt shapes so that I'm sitting on one like all the kids are supposed to -- she doesn't want me to feel left out.  (I assume she'd do this for others too!)  She always gets very concerned when she sees/hears others crying, and when I finally broke down about a month ago, she looked at me very seriously, said "twy" (i.e. cry...what she said when she hears *anybody* crying), and she got a tissue for me.  The school counselor in me is very proud and completely amazed.

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options

So many it's hard to think of one...but I get a kick out how far his imagination spans!!  I sit there and listen to him play and he cracks me up! He is in love with Speedracer at the moment so Speedracer is constantly saving someone from some kind of peril or racing someone else (including the whale in the tub).  It is amazing what they think of!

Also..his little personality is becoming amazing.  He is just so sweet and caring and when he comes out and says things like "Can we go on a walk, just you and me mommy?" my heart melts!

• Options
    His developing sense of confidence and joy. I love it! He finished a BMX race in 1st place last weekend and in front of everyone he ran up to me and said "Mom I'm so proud of myself!"
  • Options
    Her imagination..she loves to pretend play and it's so endearing to listen to her play house w/ her dolls or carry on conversations between her my little ponies.  It takes me back to the innocent fun part of childhood.
  • Options
    How thoughtful she is about things and getting to watch her explore and figure things out for herself. It's amazing to me how much she's learning. And when she's in a good mood, she's loving and sweet.
  • Options
    I love how he gets so excited about things, whether they are new or not.  I love the words that come out of his mouth...some he says correctly and others I have no idea what he's saying, but so cute to hear.
    imageDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • Options

The learning...when I saw him write his name for the first time, I just about cried.

Also the imaginative play...I love to hear what goes on in his head now.  His role playing too and assigning us all roles.

How he's still so loving and caring about his family and dotes on all of us like a little mother hen.

Exploring his world more and his independence.  Watching him really jump into the pool on his own to his instructor for the first time...felt like some sort of milestone this week.  He's spreading his little wings! (And it's so hard to let him :-)

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"