North Carolina Babies
Options

A poll: What are your happiest moments right now?

They were talking about this on G105 a couple of mornings ago and I thought it was interesting. What are your happiest moments right now? You can choose one sentimental thing and one silly thing. Be specific in what you say, not just "I'm happy when I get to spend time with my family."

Sentimental: DH and I read in bed before we go to sleep. Our dog snuggles up with us and usually our cat joins us. That's also when the baby starts going wild in my belly, making sure she's included! It's so nice to have my whole family "together" and content for that time every night.

Silly: I love going to lunch by myself at Tomato Jake's (a pizza place), getting my fave slice with several types of meat on it and a Diet Coke and settling down with a book for 30 minutes. Not only is the food yummy, but it's nice to get away from the office and be by myself for awhile!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A poll: What are your happiest moments right now?

• Options

Ok, I'll play :D

Sentimental: When I'm nursing DD and she looks up at me with her big eyes like I'm the most beautiful and wonderful thing in the world.

Silly: When I'm eating a bowl of ice cream at night on the couch in my PJ's.

• Options

Sentimental: Recently, when DH is about to leave for work, he comes up to the top of the stairs to say goodbye to me and Nate.  He asks Nate for a kiss, and Nate goes over to the stair rails and kisses DH through the rails.  He'll go down the rails and kiss DH through each rail.  It's the sweetest thing in the world and I love watching it.  I have to video tape it one day soon!

Silly: Usually when there is a new Lost on tv, DH and I wait to watch it the next night.  We climb in bed and watch it on his laptop.  I love snuggling in bed and watching Lost each week!  

Edited because I don't read directions well.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sentimental: I love morning time getting everyone ready for the day...DH is up and our LO is a happy, laughing, bubbling little joy. We spend time together with our LO playing and relaxing before the craziness of the day starts. It's perfection before the day can turn into whatever is coming.

Silly: The nights that our LO goes to sleep early, me and the hubby, grab a glass of wine and sit on our front porch swing and watch the horses play, the sun set over the mountains and laugh about all the randomness of the day. Always a good time!

• Options
    imagetracelini:

Silly: The nights that our LO goes to sleep early, me and the hubby, grab a glass of wine and sit on our front porch swing and watch the horses play, the sun set over the mountains and laugh about all the randomness of the day. Always a good time!

I'm still so jealous that you have horses in your front yard!  Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Sentimental: When I hold Holly and she wraps her arms around my shoulder and holds on tight. I melt. :-)

Silly: Friday nights at 9:00, I sit on our bed and watch 2 or 3 episodes of Forensic Files and paint my toenails or fingernails while DH is downstairs. hehe. I honestly look forward to this all week. :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options

Sentimental: Every day, I get SOOOO antsy right before DH comes home and Margo is usually awake when he arrives. It's the most adorable thing in the world when he runs to her and smiles and says "HIII" and she gets such a huge smile back bc she recognizes him. Love.

And I thought of another one. When I'm nursing Margo she puts her open palm on my arm and IDK why it just makes me so happy, like she's intentionally trying to comfort me or something. 

Silly:  Every weekend we go to Dunkin Donuts... started when I was pregnant and has continued... I always get 2 of the donuts called Bismarcks, but it's such a random and wierd name I always say something else, usually Bentley or Birmingham, etc. So DH orders them and asks for the wrong thing bc we always call them Bentleys in our house. We also often say "Time to make the Donuts"... we love those bad boys.

• Options

Sentimental: I love photography Nicolas.  I know I will look at them when he is older and be grateful that I have them.  Nic wakes up almost every morning before 7am, and my DH goes and gets him and brings him back to bed.  They sleep/hang out in bed until about 7:30am.  I love seeing them snuggle in bed.

Silly: I love Sunday mornings.  I get to sleep in until about 10am while DH and DS hang out down stairs or go grab coffee from Starbucks.  It sort of reminds me of the no-baby days. 

• Options

Great poll!

Sentimental:  Imagining the exciting parts of our adoption- getting the phone call and seeing our little one's face for the first time...being in Ethiopia and picking him/her up and hugging them...arriving back home at the airport and seeing our family and friends!  Ah, can't wait!

Silly:  having no plans on a weekend evening to watch a movie in my pjs!

• Options
    Sentimental: When I put Ella to bed, she blows kisses to me while I'm telling her the names of the animals on her bumper. 

Silly: When my DH brings me a cup of coffee in the morning.  He always goes down and gets it before Ella wakes up.  So sweet. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Sentimental:   I will be laying on the floor and he will stop playing and teeter over to me and fall down on top of me for cuddles.  He does it to stuffed animals and anything soft really.  It melt into a puddle when he does it.

Silly:  When I carry the little guy around with me, he has a habit of putting his hand down the front of my shirt and playing with the goods.  I think it's a lot adorable, even if alarming in the company of others.  I mean I have to imagine no one enjoys watching me get felt up by my kid right?

• Options

Great poll! It brightened my day thinking about all my favorite moments with DH and DS. I had a hard time narrowing them down.

Sentimental: Every night after dinner and before the bath/bed routine, we have family play time. DH and I get down on the floor and just focus on DS with no TV, no interruptions. We laugh and play - DS shows off his new tricks, we all act silly. It's just a fun time of baby giggles and trying to soak up as much of DS as we can. After working all day and being away from DS for 9+ hours, I look forward to this time every day.

Silly: After we put DS to bed and we've done our nightly chores, DH and I settle on the couch to watch that day's episode of Young & the Restless (yes - we are both addicted to a soap operaSmile). It doesn't matter how tired we are or what time it is, we always have to squeeze in that one show before bed!

• Options

Sentimental: Ben's becoming such a big boy that he doesn't always need me to kiss away his boo-boos.  Every now and then, he'll take a spill and come running over to me (no tears!) and ask me to "kiss it!"  If it;s a particularly big spill he'll just ask me to pick him up and he'll hug me until he's recovered.  He's such a busy kid that I don't get lots of cuddles anymore.

Silly: I LOVE it when Ben will hop up and start dancing to a song he hears on TV or the radio.  He always says "Mommy! Dance with me!"  So we break it down in the living room.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"