North Carolina Babies
Options

Qs- for ladies who delivered @ Rex

Just have a few questions since everything was a whirlwind there-

1. Birth Certificate- we rec'd a temp one and mailing instructions that indicate we mail off in July for official birth cert.  What process do we follow for this?  What do we do about obtaining SS card?

2. Bill- when did you receive an actual bill either from various entities/Rex?  They came in day b/f d/c to ask for payment and we did pay day of d/c.  Yesterday I rec'd a receipt, no explanation of my charges.  Waiting on EOB from BCBS to submit to my company regarding their portion of deductible.

3. Insurance- we're adding baby to DH's insurance.  Anyone do this?  How will we re-file/resubmit his portion of the bill to DH's insurance?  DH is back to work today and will be determining how to add baby.

Any other questions in line with insurance/identification that I haven't asked here that I need to be thinking of?  Thanks!

Re: Qs- for ladies who delivered @ Rex

• Options

1. You mail in the form (or take it down there) with the appropriate amt of money and they send you the BC in the mail. There should have been a spot that was checked off for you to receive the SS card. It takes like 8 weeks if I remember correctly to receive that in the mail - you shouldn't have to do anything further to get that.

2. I never received any sort of bill from Rex or my OB but I think I am in the minority.

3. We added our son to DH's insurance. He just called and let them know a couple days after he was born. You just really have to give them the childs name and date of birth since you obviously won't have his SS# yet.    

• Options

1.  see response above.

2.  I got a various bills here and there over the following two months as things were filed with insurance and the amount I needed to pay was billed to me.  I paid my portion of my hospital stay while I was at the hospital.  Because I only stayed 2 nights instead of the 3 they estimated, I later got a refund.  They then billed me for our portion of Claire's hospital stay.

3.  We added Claire to DH's insurace also -- must do it within 30 days of delivery, and have them add as of baby's birthday.  The peditrician should hold charges for your baby until you get him on DH's insurance.  Then they bill the insurance.  For the few days in the hospital, your baby's charges are covered by your insurance (I think it's usually the first 2-3 days of life) no matter which insurance you ultimately put him on.  You won't have to refile that.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagectnj:

1. Birth Certificate- we rec'd a temp one and mailing instructions that indicate we mail off in July for official birth cert.  What process do we follow for this?  What do we do about obtaining SS card? We were bad and didn't mail off for his birth certificate.  We went downtown and picked it up ourselves.  As for his SS card, they mailed us one. 

2. Bill- when did you receive an actual bill either from various entities/Rex?  They came in day b/f d/c to ask for payment and we did pay day of d/c.  Yesterday I rec'd a receipt, no explanation of my charges.  Waiting on EOB from BCBS to submit to my company regarding their portion of deductible.  I e-mailed Rex for an itemized statement.  Otherwise, they would not have given me one.  I also need to do this with my OBGYN, just haven't taken the time to do so.  I would also contact your insurance company and ask them for all of your claims. 

3. Insurance- we're adding baby to DH's insurance.  Anyone do this?  How will we re-file/resubmit his portion of the bill to DH's insurance?  DH is back to work today and will be determining how to add baby.  Yes, we did this.  I'm a little fuzzy on this part, however I don't think we re-filed anything for DS.  We didn't have any complications so most of the bills were on my insurance. 

Any other questions in line with insurance/identification that I haven't asked here that I need to be thinking of?  Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagectnj:

1. Birth Certificate- we rec'd a temp one and mailing instructions that indicate we mail off in July for official birth cert.  What process do we follow for this?  You should have received a paper that is a request for the official one.  You just mail it with a check to the address listed. 

What do we do about obtaining SS card?  I don't remember, but I think this came on it's own?

2. Bill- when did you receive an actual bill either from various entities/Rex?  It came in the mail in a couple months.

They came in day b/f d/c to ask for payment and we did pay day of d/c.  Yesterday I rec'd a receipt, no explanation of my charges.  Waiting on EOB from BCBS to submit to my company regarding their portion of deductible.

3. Insurance- we're adding baby to DH's insurance.  Anyone do this?  Yes

How will we re-file/resubmit his portion of the bill to DH's insurance?  I don't know, we called insurance before DS was born, so the hospital automatically sent bilsl to them.  DH is back to work today and will be determining how to add baby.

It is definitely a whirlwind, huh?  I had a spinal headache and was on so many pain meds, I don't remember hardly anything from those first few days.  I would ask DH about these things, and he wouldn't remember and it drove me nuts.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"