Postpartum Depression
Options

Follow Up Post

I got in to see my doctor yesterday and we're going to stay off the Zoloft for now.  I don't feel that I'm being completely honest with him, and I'm not sure why...  I told him about the horrible symptoms and he thinks they might be pregnancy-related, not Zoloft related.  I've never had to search for a new doctor and don't even know where to begin, but I'm feeling that, perhaps, it's time to move onto someone a little younger (the guy is 60-something) and a little more "hip" with the changing times (and how these new-fangled SSRIs work, perhaps?).  Any advice on choosing a new doctor?  I'm thinking of seeing a psychiatrist to manage my medications, but I've heard about a perinatal something or other who can manage pregnancy and medication at the same time.  Thoughts/suggestions?

TIA!

Re: Follow Up Post

• Options
    I take 100mg of Zoloft now and honestly will probably have to increase it. My psychiatrist is an older man as well so as soon as i started feeling anxious when i found out i was pg, i called him. I like you wanted to find someone who deals with perinatal anxiety and other antepartun issues. I called around and found a woman dr.who deals with post/ante partumn issues and am going to see them tomorrow. I can not stand to feel this anxious and have thoughts of not wanting to be pregnant even though i went thru 3 ivfs to get here and really really do want this baby. it is a combo of the hormones running thru your body and the anxiety you already had before getting preg. I read and responded to your post the other day. If you were on 200mg of zoloft and then stopped within a matter of two weeks-it makes sense that you would feel this way. PLEASE be honest with your doctor and TAKE CARE of you and your baby. Pm me if you need to talk
  • Options

imagecan'tfindausername:
    I take 100mg of Zoloft now and honestly will probably have to increase it. My psychiatrist is an older man as well so as soon as i started feeling anxious when i found out i was pg, i called him. I like you wanted to find someone who deals with perinatal anxiety and other antepartun issues. I called around and found a woman dr.who deals with post/ante partumn issues and am going to see them tomorrow. I can not stand to feel this anxious and have thoughts of not wanting to be pregnant even though i went thru 3 ivfs to get here and really really do want this baby. it is a combo of the hormones running thru your body and the anxiety you already had before getting preg. I read and responded to your post the other day. If you were on 200mg of zoloft and then stopped within a matter of two weeks-it makes sense that you would feel this way. PLEASE be honest with your doctor and TAKE CARE of you and your baby. Pm me if you need to talk

Thank you so much for the encouragement.  I have a therapy appointment on Friday, and I'm more honest with that doctor... not sure why, but I just am. 

I do need to shop around for a new doctor.  How did you find yours specializing in anxiety during pregnancy? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just met the new dr. today and she was awesome. She totally agreed that i have an anxiety disorder and wants me to increase my zoloft to 150. For 3 days i will do 125 and then up to 150. To find her, i looked up a hospital near me and searched for a dr. by using the search for specific drs (psychiatrist) and then i read each profile until i found woman dr. that deal with postpartum depression. I assumed (as was right) to think they would also specialize in antepartum/pregnancy issues. Hope it helps. This link may give you some helpul info. https://www.womensmentalhealth.org/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"