Baby Names

Need a middle name for Katelyn

Katelyn is one of our name choices, but we are having trouble with the flow.  Our last name is one syllable.  The name cannot end in a ck, or k because it does not mesh well with the last name.  Any ideas?

Re: Need a middle name for Katelyn

• Katelyn Faith
    Katelyn Sophia
    Katelyn Emily
    Katelyn Julianna
    Katelyn Abigail
    Katelyn Isabelle
    Katelyn Grace
    Katelyn Elizabeth

Love Katelyn, by the way!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • I have tossed around Katelyn Grace, and I think it might grow on me.  I just feel like when it's right I will just know... too much pressure.

Our other name choice is Evelyn Kate, which DH and I love as much as Katelyn.  But I love the flow Evelyn Kate.

• Loading the player...
  • imageJoeypnut:

I have tossed around Katelyn Grace, and I think it might grow on me.  I just feel like when it's right I will just know... too much pressure.

Our other name choice is Evelyn Kate, which DH and I love as much as Katelyn.  But I love the flow Evelyn Kate.

Oh I love Evelyn Kate too, so I don't think you can go wrong either way! I love Kate as a middle name - it does seem to flow well with a lot of names.

Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • imagelovemytwoboys:
    imageJoeypnut:

I have tossed around Katelyn Grace, and I think it might grow on me.  I just feel like when it's right I will just know... too much pressure.

Oh I love Evelyn Kate too, so I don't think you can go wrong either way! I love Kate as a middle name - it does seem to flow well with a lot of names.

Kate is a family name, so I am excited to use it.  My mom dislikes Evelyn, not that changes my mind about it, but I am humoring other ideas.  DH and I have had Evelyn Kate picked out for over a year now, but all of the sudden I just need to explore other options...

• imagelovemytwoboys:

Katelyn Faith
    Katelyn Sophia
    Katelyn Emily
    Katelyn Julianna
    Katelyn Abigail
    Katelyn Isabelle
    Katelyn Grace
    Katelyn Elizabeth

Love Katelyn, by the way!

And I just read your boys names, and Logan was our boy name pick.  We must have similar taste!

• imageJoeypnut:

And I just read your boys names, and Logan was our boy name pick.  We must have similar taste!

We must! I love the name Logan! It was definitely the easiest one for us to decide on. We both loved Logan, and David was after my Dad, so easy. Now with our second son, we had a much harder time deciding, and I still second guess it all the time, 11 months later ... crazy! So I can definitely understand what you mean by wanting to explore other options and make sure it is the right one.

Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • imagelovemytwoboys:
    imageJoeypnut:

We must! I love the name Logan! It was definitely the easiest one for us to decide on. We both loved Logan, and David was after my Dad, so easy. Now with our second son, we had a much harder time deciding, and I still second guess it all the time, 11 months later ... crazy! So I can definitely understand what you mean by wanting to explore other options and make sure it is the right one.

I love the name Jacob too though!  We couldn't use it for the nn Jake mixed with our last name.  I might end up waiting to see what she looks like...

• I like Evelyn Kate too. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My friend's DD is Katelyn Eliza. (Actually, Kaitlyn..)

I think it's pretty.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I think a lot of times, people just throw in "Grace" or "Faith" or "Marie" into a middle name because it's got good rhythm.

Here's a long list of one syllable names that don't begin or end with ck:

https://bit.ly/dBG8du

• Katelyn Elaine ?

TTC since August 2010 Diagnosed MFI 8/2/11 IUI#1 9/2/11 voiceofhopeblog
    what you want the link to say here
  • Katelyn Ashley
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image> Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My sister just named her baby Katelyn Grace.  People seem to really like the name.  And she's cute as a button :)  Not that that matters, I just thought I'd throw that in there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"