3rd Trimester
Options

can stress or anger bring on contractions?

lately if im really stressed out or mad my stomach seems to get hard and  kind of feel almost like a pulling sensation towards the center of my stomach, i get really red and hot in the face and  sweat.. is this normal? can anyone else relate...? its aggrevating because the more intense the emotion is the more intense these feelings are.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: can stress or anger bring on contractions?

• Options
    stress can trigger braxton hicks
  • Options
    does braxton hicks ever trigger the real thing? im nervous because lately i can not seem to get my emotions under control and this is starting to be an every day occurance. sometimes a couple times a day
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes! I've gone home from work several times (and once landed in L&D) because my BH were so bad due to stress.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Most definitely.  I've been at risk for PTL with both pregnancies and both times my OB said to avoid stress.  With my DD, I was forced into dealing with a stressful situation dealing with my BIL and his children's care and the next day I was at the OB's for PTL symptoms.  It definitely affects your body and contractions. 

This pregnancy I was dealing with a stressful family situation (they waited purposefully until after I was 28 wks to tell me) and I woke up in the middle of the night having a terrible nightmare and contractions started and didn't calm down till the next afternoon.

Try to take it easy.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I sometimes get BH when another driver p*sses me off because I'll start yelling and get all stressed.  I think it is a reminder to tell me I now have a kid to think about and I how in a few more months, I wouldn't be setting the greatest example.  I don't think I'd be too worried about them turning into the real thing though.  However, chronic stress is definitely not good for you or LO so I'd try to find ways to manage it.
  • Options
    Yep! Ended up in L&D w/ extremely painful BH's the night after SO and I had gotten into a huge argument. Definitely stress related.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Oh yes, Stress and Braxton-Hicks are good friends. Ditto the hot flashes. Like PP said though, be careful of PTL. In the words of the Lebanese OB in my group practice, "Be careful about your blood pressure. Avoid things that will piss you." It''s been my motto for a couple of months now - Avoid Things That Will Piss You! When DH gets on my nerves, I tell  him "hey, I think that's on the list of things that piss me -knock it off."
  • Options

imageMandyR88:
    lately if im really stressed out or mad my stomach seems to get hard and  kind of feel almost like a pulling sensation towards the center of my stomach, i get really red and hot in the face and  sweat.. is this normal? can anyone else relate...? its aggrevating because the more intense the emotion is the more intense these feelings are.

I'm lurking from 12-24 but I actually got put off work at 29 weeks because stress was causing me to have contractions and they eventually caused me to progress.  You definitely need to rest and relieve some stress.  I was able to carry my daughter to 38 weeks by resting (not full bed rest but restricted activity) and staying off work.  But if I had kept at the stress rate I was going my daughter would have been severely premature.  Not trying to scare you,  it doesn't happen to everybody but it is possible to have premature labor due to stress induced contractions. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"