Parenting

total aw but you have to see this.....

my brother got married yesterday and luke painted this for them....so cute huh? i think i need to get him his own etsy shop! :) HA!

Re: total aw but you have to see this.....

• Wow! That looks amazing! So cute.
    imageimageimage
  • OMG --- that's is freaking AMAZING!  Really...like looks like something that would be for sale somewhere!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my gosh - that is freaking adorable!!!!
    {Ava 5.16.06} {Ella 12.29.07} {Drew 2.9.10}
  • that is the cutest thing I've ever seen!
    Josh-10/1/87, Brittany 3/9/91, Mandi 7/26/92, Michelle 9/11/06 image I'M GRAPE JELLY- ALWAYS AROUND & ALWAYS THE SAME If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me. For I must be traveling on now. Because there are too many places I've got to see. -Allen Collins & Ronnie VanZant My favorite verse!
  • That's awesome and I would have cried for days if someone had done that for me...how cute!
    Mommy to three adorable boys!
  • Ok,  how does a 5 year old boy know to put the ... before the saying.  You are kidding me right?!  As I look at this, his E's are the nicest looking E's I've ever seen a 4/5 year old write.

Honestly, his handwriting......while not linear, is amazing!

(And yes, I'm slightly doubting that a 5 year old did this because it's THAT good!)

• I want one-- just because it is freaking adorable!

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• imageJodi&Joe:

Ok,  how does a 5 year old boy know to put the ... before the saying.  You are kidding me right?!  As I look at this, his E's are the nicest looking E's I've ever seen a 4/5 year old write.

Honestly, his handwriting......while not linear, is amazing!

(And yes, I'm slightly doubting that a 5 year old did this because it's THAT good!)

HA!  I obviously helped him with the spelling (he is starting to sound things out but he definitely isn't that good! and I told him to put the ... and the ! ) but the boy LOVES to write.  I have notes all over my house.  He is such a little nerd :) that we had to put a desk in his room.  And he loves to draw

Here is one he did for me :)  I wanted a family picture done. 

• Seriously, you need to market his stuff!  It's so freaking GOOD!
  • ZenyaZenya member
    That is seriously amazing.  I would be BAWLING if someone gave it to me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJodi&Joe:
    Seriously, you need to market his stuff!  It's so freaking GOOD!

thank you!  i think so....but i have that mommy bias :)

• ZenyaZenya member
    imageluluroo:

imageJodi&Joe:

No, he's really good.  REALLY good.  Do you help him w/colors, etc? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So cute!  I love that in the family pic you all have an actual heart.  That's awesome! 
  • I'm not doubting your son did the drawings, but it looks like to me an adult did both the writing and the painting.  The cute backwards "Y" and the perfect way the letters are mismatched and different sizes to look like a kid did it?  Please.  And the painting- leaving just the right amount of white around all the hands and around the people in all of the pictures.  Definitely the work of a 5 year old with help!
  • Wow! That's amazing!
    imageimage
    Alex (11/14/06) and Nate (5/25/10)
    "Want what you have, do what you can, be who you are." - Rev. Forrest Church
  • imageLauraMiller:
    I'm not doubting your son did the drawings, but it looks like to me an adult did both the writing and the painting.  The cute backwards "Y" and the perfect way the letters are mismatched and different sizes to look like a kid did it?  Please.  And the painting- leaving just the right amount of white around all the hands and around the people in all of the pictures.  Definitely the work of a 5 year old with help!

lulu said that she did help him, but I read her blog and she has TONS of drawings and notes that he has done.  Some kids just have a knack for things like this. 

I love it, lulu!  He is so presh=)

• Now that is sooo sweet!
  • imageLauraMiller:
    I'm not doubting your son did the drawings, but it looks like to me an adult did both the writing and the painting.  The cute backwards "Y" and the perfect way the letters are mismatched and different sizes to look like a kid did it?  Please.  And the painting- leaving just the right amount of white around all the hands and around the people in all of the pictures.  Definitely the work of a 5 year old with help!

Uh OH!!!  Someone sounds jeaaallooouuus!!!

I actually can attest that I have had handmade notes from Luke written and given to me all in my presence.....he's really that smart :)  

And FYI Laura- um it's not that earth shattering to see a 4 year old that can write.  

• So cute! Tell Luke I need some art for my walls.

• imagebreezee_bean:

imageLauraMiller:

lulu said that she did help him, but I read her blog and she has TONS of drawings and notes that he has done.  Some kids just have a knack for things like this. 

I love it, lulu!  He is so presh=)

Thanks Breeze.  :) FYI Laura, he made paintings like this at Christmas time for a ton of family members (lucy got one) so he has had lots of practice painting people :)  Also, he didn't leave white around the arms or hands, that is peach paint (also it is a relatively large canvas so that helps with some of the fine motor (not super small areas).  And I did say that I helped him with the spelling and where to put the words....but he did the writing. 

But really, I could care less if you believe it or not.  I adore what he does. 

• imageZenya:
    imageluluroo:

imageJodi&Joe:

No, he's really good.  REALLY good.  Do you help him w/colors, etc? 

Not really....he has a limited selection of paint colors :) and he is very into getting things "right" (eye color etc) on the wedding one I had to talk him into leaving the dress and shirt white..... :)  I don't think he will ever be one of those kids that paints a blue sun :)

• I.love.it.That is BEYOND adorable.

Will you have him do one for my house? Hubby has green eyes, and DD and I have blue. HAHAHA! :)

~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • So cute!  My DD#1 is very artsy fartsy & has the cutest drawings so I can see how he could do it for sure.  I'd have loved to get that for a wedding present!
    AKA Carol*Brady! IHO my upcoming 10yr Nestiversary--Back to old screenname. My own Marsha, Jan & Cindy... imageDesigning a Life Blog
  • So adorable! I'm thoroughly annoyed by people doubting it. It's not like he's the first 5 year old to ever write or paint or draw--but it's really good, and very sweet. I'd love something like that.
  • Dude, I am super annoyed by the doubters, too.  I don't get why it's so hard to believe either.  Some kids are talented like that and Luke is one of them.  Like I mentioned above, I have seen tons of the stuff he's done. This is an area where he excels. 
  • WTF???? Your kid draws better than me! LOL

Those pictures are simply ADORABLE!

Now DS is one year younger and he can't even color in the lines yet LOL! Oh well. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Ha! I guess try and take it as a compliment luluroo. Luke's so good that someone thinks you're trying to pass your work off as his. Ridiculous.
    imageimageimage
  • That is so freaking cute. 

I want one.  LOL

Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.
  • Ok, ok!  I stand corrected- sorry to doubt you.  It's just hard to believe because it's really amazing for such a young child.  You definitely have a budding artist on your hands, and that is an awesome gift.  You'll never have to buy wedding presents again!
  • That is really adorable!
  • imagebreezee_bean:
    Dude, I am super annoyed by the doubters, too.  I don't get why it's so hard to believe either.  Some kids are talented like that and Luke is one of them.  Like I mentioned above, I have seen tons of the stuff he's done. This is an area where he excels. 

Ditto, all of this. In case it's not obvious, Luluroo is our personal friend, so we have the privilege of seeing how his art has progressed over the years. He's just really artistic and intelligent. Why does it not make sense that a child with excellent fine motor skills would be good at writing AND drawing? Sort of similar skillset, no? Whateves, though. It's an adorable painting and that's what matters:)

Evelyn-Mommy to Ben 9.20.05 and Emily 5.14.07 and Callie 7.10.09! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I was one of the doubters because, like I said, it is THAT amazing!  I only have the Joey as my frame of reference and let's just say handwriting and painting are NOT his skill set!  So yes, it was a bit unbelieveable to me that a child at that age could write, and paint, that good!

• Yeah, exactly what Jodie said.  I have an almost 4 year old boy, and I'm going by the only frame of reference that I know.  If my son wrote a single letter correctly, or drew an entire person and colored it, I would faint.  It was just hard to believe, but obviously, I was wrong. 
  • Now that's a gift they will treasure forever!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"